Chapter 12: Emptying a Warehouse Worth Billions

Zhang Yi had the delivery guy bring 100 gigantic water barrels to the warehouse.

Then, he stored them in his dimensional space and took them back home.

Upon returning, Zhang Yi started opening all the faucets in his house, filling the water barrels.

At this rate, he could fill all 100 water barrels in a week at most.

Days passed by.

Zhang Yi stayed busy every single day, spending every penny in his hands.

He dined at the best restaurants every day, buying large quantities of food from top-notch establishments and storing them in his dimensional space.

During this time, he visited the shooting range in Tianhai City daily, practicing archery and firearms, striving to enhance his skills.

One month wasn't enough time to become a martial arts expert, but armed with a bow, firearms, and a super safe house with an all-metal shell, he would fear no danger.

Such actions didn't escape everyone's notice.

However, everyone around him regarded Zhang Yi as a joke, thinking he had lost his mind, privately mocking him.

Even Fang Yuqing intentionally distanced herself from Zhang Yi, unwilling to communicate with him.

Time passed day by day.

Soon, more than twenty days had passed, and the imminent apocalypse was approaching.

Zhang Yi had collected a massive amount of supplies, including food, weapons, and heating equipment.

However, these couldn't provide him with enough security.

He decided to target the giant Walmart warehouse.

If he could take control of that warehouse, he would have a vast amount of supplies that could last him for generations!

Why not wait until the last day to take action? Zhang Yi considered something—he vaguely heard in his previous life that the higher-ups had received advance notice of the gamma-ray arrival.

So, they had quietly started moving large amounts of essential supplies long before ordinary people became aware.

Zhang Yi couldn't take the risk; he had to act in advance.

Considering this logic, even if all the supplies in the Walmart warehouse disappeared, the high-level authorities desperate for shelter wouldn't have much energy to investigate.

This provided Zhang Yi with a suitable buffer period.

Thus, Zhang Yi returned to the warehouse and resumed his normal duties.

Walmart warehouse had people on duty 24/7, but the night shift only had ten people.

Zhang Yi decided to use the most direct and brutal method—adding sleeping pills to their tea.

Since the apocalypse was only three days away, he wasn't afraid of being discovered.

As these people were all familiar faces, Zhang Yi easily succeeded.

After the drugs took effect, they slept soundly, and Zhang Yi went to the control room, disabling all the cameras in the warehouse!

He knew this place too well; he could imagine every corner with his eyes closed, and with numerous plans and drills in his mind, he executed everything efficiently.

After completing everything, he changed into a pair of oversized shoes, wore gloves, and swiftly went to the warehouse.

Looking at the vast warehouse, Zhang Yi took a deep breath and began collecting the supplies.