Chapter 93: Warming Up the Elderly

Zhang Yi finally understood the whole story.

"Oh, so that's how it is! That's how you interpreted it," he nodded.

"However, is there a misunderstanding in this matter?" He looked down at Lin Dama, meeting her gaze filled with hatred.

Then, Zhang Yi lowered his voice, saying with a hint of sarcasm, "Actually, I'm a person who's tough on the outside but soft on the inside. How could I bear to watch a child suffer and die in pain?"

"So later, I went to your house to deliver medicine."

Lin Dama widened her eyes, "You're talking nonsense!"

"No, I'm really not making it up. I went to your house; you should think about it. Oh, right, you were too focused at that time, possibly forgot."

A hint of regret appeared in Zhang Yi's eyes, "Because when I went there, you were busy eating! To be precise, gnawing on something."

"Your grandson, Lin Xiaohu, wasn't dead at that time. If he had taken my medicine, he would have been perfectly fine."

"But for some reason, on that day when I went there, I found out that you had brutally—killed—him—alive!"

Zhang Yi's eyes became dark, and his tone turned extremely indifferent.

Lin Dama's mental state was already abnormal. Hearing Zhang Yi's words, her mind became even more chaotic. A trace of panic appeared in her eyes.

Because she remembered that after Lin Xiaohu's death, in order to survive, she had indeed had no choice but to deal with him.

"No, it's impossible! Xiaohu was already dead at that time, killed by you!"

Zhang Yi burst into laughter, pointing at Zhou Ke'er, "If you don't believe it, you can ask Dr. Zhou! Could Lin Xiaohu have been saved?"

Lin Dama turned her head blankly, looking at Zhou Ke'er on the steps.

Zhou Ke'er, seeing Zhang Yi's sinister smile, couldn't help but feel a chill.

No wonder Zhang Yi didn't directly kill Lin Dama but talked to her for so long. It turned out he not only wanted Lin Dama dead but also wanted to torment her, letting her die in extreme pain.

Zhou Ke'er lowered her head and looked at Lin Dama, nodding slowly. "Yes, Lin Xiaohu had a chance to survive. I contacted Zhang Yi, and he agreed to deliver the medicine."

"But you didn't wait for him to arrive, mistakenly believing that Lin Xiaohu had died, and then you..."

Zhou Ke'er didn't finish the last few words; she felt it was quite disgusting.

After all, Lin Dama always boasted about how much she loved her grandson. But in the end, what happened?

For the sake of survival, she could even do something so gruesome.

This had already crossed the limits of being human! Worse than animals!

Lin Dama, in despair, covered her face, wailing in agony. "No, it's not like that! I didn't know he was still alive. I thought he was already dead!"

She had waited for a long time until she couldn't bear it anymore before finally wielding the knife.

At first, she told herself to eat just a little, just a little bit was enough. But later, as she became hungrier, the satisfaction of a full stomach after eating meat increased her appetite even more.

Until, in the end, she gnawed on every bone of Lin Xiaohu.

Suddenly, Zhang Yi shouted loudly, "Haha, so that's how it is!"

"This is the good grandmother of the Lin family. For a mouthful of food, she heartlessly killed her still-alive grandson!"

"How about it, the taste of your grandson is pretty good, huh? You really love him!"

"Your son and daughter-in-law entrusted their grandson to you. Can you live up to them?"

Lin Dama's eyes were scattered, blood flowing from her mouth. She couldn't utter a word, but her eyes were filled with pleading toward Zhang Yi.

"Don't say anything, I beg you, don't say anything more!"

At this moment, several neighbors from nearby floors rushed over to see what was happening.

Zhang Yi pointed at Lin Dama, loudly saying, "Come and see, everyone! Lin Dama can't bear it and wants to commit suicide!"

"To stay alive, she killed her grandson Lin Xiaohu, and even ate him clean! This is a woman with an incredibly strong will to survive!"

Hearing this, the neighbors showed extreme disgust in their eyes.

Although some people did despicable things to survive, none of them could do something like this to their own flesh and blood. That was their last moral bottom line!

Lin Dama, under the scrutiny of these gazes, completely collapsed. She was in intense pain, spitting out blood profusely, struggling and tormented.

"She won't live much longer. She'll be frozen to death in half an hour at most," Zhou Ke'er walked up to Zhang Yi and said.

Zhang Yi frowned, "Frozen to death?"

He sighed, "Well, the old lady has had a tough life. Let her warm up a bit before she dies!"

He pretended to search inside his clothes, taking out a bottle of alcohol from the different space. Opening the bottle, he poured it on Lin Dama.

Seeing this scene, the neighbors finally understood what Zhang Yi intended to do.

While feeling speechless, they also thought it was quite reasonable. After all, this person was Zhang Yi! When had they ever seen him show mercy to others?

After pouring the alcohol, Zhang Yi quickly stepped back. He lit a cigarette with a lighter, took a few puffs, and threw it over.

Whoosh!

The flame instantly ignited, burning fiercely.

Soon, the stairwell echoed with Lin Dama's agonizing screams.

Turning around, Zhang Yi walked back without giving Lin Dama another glance.

Other neighbors, frightened, made way for Zhang Yi, their eyes filled with awe.