Chapter 138: Fishing or Surrender?

With a single sentence from Xu Hao, Zhang Yi's memories instantly returned to over a decade ago. In the 1930s, science fiction films suddenly became popular worldwide, with apocalyptic films being particularly trendy. It was said that it all began with the "Wandering Earth" series from China.

During those years, apocalyptic films were incredibly popular, and numerous films with end-of-the-world themes swept the annual box office rankings. The impact of these films led some people to start building shelters, including some of the world's top billionaires.

At that time, people mostly regarded such behavior as a joke. Few genuinely believed that an apocalypse would occur. However, in Zhang Yi's memory, there was an amusing incident in China that stayed on the trending lists for months and even became a classic meme on certain online platforms.

It was about the son of the richest man in Jiangnan, Wang Siming, who spent one billion US dollars to build a supposedly indestructible shelter. Interestingly, the shelter was constructed by the War Dragon Security Company. Zhang Yi later had some dealings with the War Dragon Security Company related to this matter.

However, there were no further updates on the shelter afterward. The world was never short of gossip, and people simply considered it the whimsical act of a wealthy second-generation.

Zhang Yi quickly recalled the events of that time in his mind. He looked at Xu Hao in front of him, and his gaze became more serious.

"Do you know where that shelter is?" If there really was a super shelter costing a billion dollars, it would undoubtedly be one of the safest places in the world. Compared to Zhang Yi's safe house built for 8 million Hua currency, its security level, interior space, and facilities would be many times superior. It would be a true doomsday fortress capable of withstanding bullet attacks.

Zhang Yi was curious. Was there really such a place? Xu Hao cautiously glanced around and then said to Zhang Yi, "There are too many people here; let's go back and talk in detail!"

Zhang Yi nodded and let Xu Hao lead the way. Xu Hao had no objections and obediently walked in front.

The two returned to Building 25 and arrived at the eighth floor. Zhang Yi closed the door behind them, leaned against the wall, crossed his arms, and said to Xu Hao, "There's no one here now; tell me the details."

Xu Hao didn't hide anything. Understanding Zhang Yi's character, he dared not beat around the bush. He said directly, "Wang Siming's shelter is actually Cloud Palace Manor 101."

"Cloud Palace Manor 101?" Zhang Yi repeated the name and immediately recalled the place. It was one of the most expensive villa areas in Tianhai City.

The land there was extremely valuable, and it was said that even the cheapest villa cost over a hundred million. People living there were not ordinary individuals but immensely wealthy figures.

Cloud Palace Manor 101 was the villa of Wang Siming, the son of the richest man in Jiangnan, and it was rumored to be a super mansion worth 2.5 billion.

After the death of the old Wang, Wang Siming inherited the family's hundred-billion-dollar assets. Although he indulged in pleasure and was not good at managing, he had once fallen off the rich list. Still, he was known as the country's top playboy, having enjoyed unimaginable wealth and luxury for nearly forty years.

Rumors said that over 80% of the country's A-list actresses had intimate relations with him, and some even claimed he had tens of thousands of girlfriends.

Zhang Yi, with a playful look on his face, asked Xu Hao, "Why are you telling me this?"

Giving gifts for no reason often concealed ulterior motives. If the shelter was indeed as rumored, costing a staggering billion dollars, it wasn't something Zhang Yi could easily breach with just a few guns. He wouldn't entertain thoughts of breaking in unnecessarily and risking his life.

Unexpectedly, Xu Hao said, "I'm telling you this because I want to follow you! As long as you let me be your follower, I'll help you take down that shelter!"

Zhang Yi narrowed his eyes, carefully scrutinizing the man before him. A billion-dollar super shelter undoubtedly had its allure for Zhang Yi.

He was almost done with his business in Yue Lu District, having killed most of the people he needed to. Outside, there was still a part of the population aware of his substantial resources. At this moment, leaving discreetly and lying low would be the wisest course of action.

If he could find a more perfect shelter, he would be willing to go there. However, could he trust this person before him?

He coldly chuckled, showing no intention of believing him. "Do you think I'm a fool? If there's such a good place, would you tell me?"

Xu Hao hurriedly explained, "Although I know where that place is, Wang Siming is the current owner. I can't take it down on my own."

"That's why I've come to seek your help! As long as you allow me to follow you and ensure I have enough to eat and wear in the future, I will do my best to help you!"

Zhang Yi's face remained unchanged, and he calmly said, "Since it's a top-tier shelter, it's not easy to attack. Moreover, we don't have much connection between us. You suddenly bring me such a big gift; do you think I'll believe in windfalls from the sky?"

Seeing Zhang Yi's cautious attitude, even after revealing the location of the shelter, Xu Hao was still unaffected. He gritted his teeth and disclosed another crucial piece of information, "I not only know the location of that shelter, but I've also been inside. I'm familiar with its layout."

"In fact, Wang Siming and I still have some contact. Through certain channels, he learned about you. So, in fact, he suggested that I bring you over and seize the opportunity to take your supplies and snowmobile!"

A hint of killing intent flashed in Zhang Yi's eyes. Xu Hao, frightened, hastily waved his hands and explained, "But I refused him! I wouldn't dare to have any designs on you, even if I had the courage!"

Zhang Yi smirked. His gaze was cold as he stared at Xu Hao and said word by word, "Perhaps, you're also playing games with me now!"

As soon as he finished speaking, Zhang Yi's pistol was pointed at Xu Hao's forehead.

"I'll shoot you now!"

Zhang Yi said coldly. Xu Hao, terrified, trembled, shouting desperately, "Don't kill me! Everything I said is true! Believe me, believe me!"

"Bang!"

......