Chapter 18 Playing Tough, Who's Afraid of Whom

As soon as the call connected, a barrage of vicious curses spewed forth from the other end.

"You [expletive] looking for death? Who gave you the right to mention me in the group?" "Dare to provoke Chen Zhaohao, you little punk, looks like you don't want to live." "I have a hundred ways to make you unable to stay in this city. Do you believe it?"

Chen Zhaohao was a notorious bully in Tianhai City, commanding a few hundred underlings, and allegedly involved in several cases of causing fatalities. Living in the same neighborhood as him, all the property owners avoided him, fearing any conflict.

To establish dominance, Chen Zhaohao's modus operandi was to make anyone who offended him pay a huge price.

This was the face of a social figure.

So, even though Zhang Yì only mentioned him in the homeowners' group, Chen Zhaohao treated it as a provocation.

On the phone, he cursed fiercely, "You really want to die! You're quite good at running your mouth, dare to mention me?" Zhang Yì certainly wouldn't let him have his way, sneering, "What are you, a worthless thing? Stop pretending to be something you're not, a social scum, useless waste!"

Zhang Yì poured out his curses, feeling particularly gratified. This perpetrator, who had invaded his home and caused his death in a previous life, had long been a source of pent-up anger for him.

On the other end of the line, Chen Zhaohao didn't expect Zhang Yì to talk back! Furious, he cursed even more viciously.

Zhang Yì directly retorted, "You're just a useless waste, only good at running your mouth. Scare anyone? Go eat [expletive]!," before hanging up and blocking him.

After the cursing, he blocked Chen Zhaohao, feeling exceptionally satisfied at the thought of Chen Zhaohao's furious reaction.

Walking to the TV, Zhang Yì opened the surveillance camera.

When the Dragon Security Company built the safe house for him, they installed cameras throughout the entire floor.

In fact, the entire building was under his surveillance.

Looking at the sixth floor where Chen Zhaohao was, soon enough, their door was forcefully pushed open. Chen Zhaohao, wearing a down jacket and carrying a baseball bat, walked out menacingly.

However, as soon as he stepped out, he shivered in the cold.

It was below minus seventy degrees outside, and for the sake of putting on airs, he wore only a down jacket over his autumn clothes. He even intentionally left the zipper open to show the tattoo on his chest.

The freezing temperature taught him a lesson immediately.

Seeing that there was no one around, Chen Zhaohao quickly rubbed his hands and rushed into the elevator.

Zhang Yì sat on the sofa, calmly retrieving a crossbow from under the coffee table.

This crossbow was designed for hunting, and even a 300-kilogram wild boar could be pierced by its 20-centimeter arrows. After some practice, Zhang Yì had become proficient with it.

Within 15 meters, although it might not be a hundred percent accurate, it was enough for a target the size of a watermelon.

The sound of the elevator soon echoed, and Chen Zhaohao, still cursing, walked out.

Through the homeowner group's notes, he easily found Zhang Yì's residence.

At the door, he picked up his baseball bat, cursing and smashing the door.

"Zhang Yì, you [expletive], come out!"

"You were quite impressive just now, weren't you? Come out, let me show you how I'll deal with you!"

Cursing fiercely, Chen Zhaohao didn't notice that someone had aimed a crossbow at him.

Zhang Yì, watching Chen Zhaohao's ferocious appearance, revealed a playful smile on his face.

His crossbow was aimed at Chen Zhaohao's head.

However, after a moment of contemplation, he changed his target. In this apocalyptic world, almost everyone in the building, except him, would eventually die.

Chen Zhaohao, a person like him, was no exception.

Killing him now wouldn't be as interesting!

So, Zhang Yì changed his target.

A subtle sound of breaking air rang out, and the sharp arrow struck Chen Zhaohao's leg directly.

This arrow, capable of killing wild boars, had pierced through his entire calf!

Chen Zhaohao let out a miserable scream, falling to the ground and clutching his leg, howling in pain.

Under the extreme low temperature of minus seventy degrees, a penetrating injury like this would surely render his leg useless. Moreover, without proper medical treatment, infection was inevitable.

Next, he would die miserably in pain and cold.

Chen Zhaohao, in intense pain, realized he had encountered a fearsome opponent!

These thugs relied on their recklessness and fierceness, daring honest people not to resist them.

However, when facing a ruthless person wielding a crossbow, they would also feel fear.

Terrified, Chen Zhaohao crawled back to the elevator, his sweat freezing rapidly in the extreme cold.

Although his leg was in pain, the low temperature lessened the sensation.

However, this didn't make Chen Zhaohao feel fortunate; instead, it horrified him. He knew that without medical treatment, his leg would be useless in less than half an hour.