Chapter 62- Official Diagnosis

*3 Hours Later*

(Maisie's POV)

Its been a few hours and I've endured every scan known to man; I've had my blood tested, an MRI scan, a CT scan; something called Coronary Angiography which basically is just an x-ray of your heart so doctors can see the structure of your heart, how its functioning and the complexity of your arteries. 

I've endured everything and I'm currently sat upon a hospital bed awaiting for my results and deep within me I was frightened because this isn't the first time I've received these chest pains and the dizziness so I'm thankful that Till took the courage to bring me to hospital because like with everything, I would have just ignored it and continued on with life. 

As much as I was frightened...nothing in the world would have prepared me for how frightened and anxious Till is right now. 

When Till has one of his hands laid upon my thigh, it will mean 1 of 3 things...gently laid is comfort, squeezing my thigh means protection over me and gripping it means he's frightened and anxious and currently he's gripping onto my thigh for dear life. 

"Till baby, can you ease up your gripping, you're hurting my thigh" I softly said looking up to him.

"Sorry baby; I'm just anxious" Till sighed as he eased upon his grip but continued to grip "I don't know what's going to happen Mais but I know these chest pains are the same ones prior to the tour" he explained as he looked at me "Till if something is wrong with my heart...you won't leave me...right" I asked a little scared.

"Don't be daft baby I love you" Till smiled softly before resting his other hand upon my thigh. 

"What even made you think that baby; I love you so much" Till smiled as he started to rub my thigh softly to give me comfort "it just seems that I'm forever bringing bad things to you and I don't want to ever burden you with my problems" I sighed turning my gaze away from Till. 

"Maisie my love; as I say multiple times a day everyday; I love you and this is just life but it doesn't make me love you any less, if anything it makes me want to protect you evermore" Till smiled before he planted his lips upon my forehead.

"Don't you dare for a second think I'm going to abandon you; whether you like it or not, I'm staying by your side for eternity" he smiled once again allowing me to feel comfort "I love you my king" I smiled and kissed his lips before we suddenly heard a knock "come in" Till said and a male doctor walked in.

"Hi Maisie; how are you feeling" Dr Woodlum asked; he's been assisting me through all my scans for the last few hours.

"Feeling a little better; just a bit anxious" I stated honestly "I do have your results and I'm afraid there is something wrong with your heart" he explained as he started pulling out my heart x-ray pictures and held them up.

"Let me explain; you have a condition called Coronary Heart Disease or CHD and it affects people differently with different levels of severity" he explained "how severe is Maisie's" Till asked "Maisie is severe however not enough to be considered for a heart transplant although I wouldn't rule it out in the future" Woodlum explained.

"Your arteries are functioning however; you see them here" he pointed to the x-ray picture "your arteries are thinning out meaning when you are doing something extreme or your stress levels are high; your arteries are not pumping enough blood around to keep your oxygen levels stable" he continued to explain.

"To put it bluntly; your arteries are thinned out so much that your blood is getting caught so to speak and the aftermath is your heart is not gaining enough oxygen to keep you stable" he sighed as he walked towards me.

"Is that why I've been experiencing chest pains and dizziness" I asked "yes; when these things occur, your blood within your heart is getting caught and this is the only way for your body to tell you that" Woodlum explained.

"How are the chest pains triggered" Till asked "the 2 main culprits is strenuous activities and stress and as I've said your body's only way of telling you you're not gaining enough oxygen is through chest pains and dizziness as your symptoms" he sighed.

"So is it curable" I asked "no however there are plenty of medications that can make it manageable and or otherwise in the upmost severe cases where a heart transplant is required but this is only in 2% of patients" Dr Woodlum smiled softly as he continued to be as clear as possible. 

"What is the life expectancy" Till asked "98% of patients continue to live a healthy fulfilled life providing the heart is managed properly" he smiled at Till.

"So if Maisie isn't required a heart transplant; what is her best treatment for managing her heart because I find myself useless when she is suffering with those chest pains" Till explained as he grabbed my right hand and squeezed it tight.

"Although it might seem extreme; my recommendation is for Maisie to have a tube inserted into her heart where we can inject a medicine that strengthens her arteries and allows them to relax meaning they will expand and allow proper blood flow so oxygen can be gained" Dr Woodlum explained clearly but suddenly the thought of having a tube inserted into my heart made me feel psychically sick. 

I grabbed onto Till's hand and squeezed his thumb; it has become my indication for when I need to be alone. 

"Would it be ok if we could discuss this for a moment in private" Till asked "of course Herr Lindemann; I'll be outside" he smiled before he grabbed his clipboard and walked outside. 

"Oh fuck god" I whispered as I continued to squeeze Till's thumb "Maisie its going to be ok; I know you're frightened my love but just be calm for me" Till said but anxiety was clear within his voice.

"Should I have the tube Till" I asked "its whatever you're most comfortable with baby; I won't force you to have that tube inserted" Till smiled softly before he caressed my cheek "at least we know what is wrong" I sighed as tears started to descend "come here my love" Till smiled before he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his arms. 

"Whatever treatment you want; I will support you and be one step behind you" Till kissed my forehead and he soon pulled away to wiped my tears away.

"I think we should ask more about the tube treatment if that is the recommendation; I can't continue to ignore these chest pains knowing there is actually something wrong with my heart" I sighed glancing at Till "I will be one step behind you baby" Till smiled and planted his lips upon my forehead. 

Till pulled away and I gave him a nod of confirmation to allow Dr Woodlum to enter the room again. 

I don't know what's going to happen now but I'm in shock and unsure of what to do but I feel comfort knowing Till will be just behind, supporting me in whatever decision I make. 

A/N Coronary Heart Disease is an actual heart disease and the way I've described it is how it affects people. This is purely fiction and I don't want people to be offended by this heart disease.