Chapter 40- Cry Your Heart Out Babygirl

(Richard's POV)

I couldn't believe what Till told me before; she was psychically raped and I now she's even more damaged and she may never be fixed. 

Maisie did not look good and my heart almost split in half because of how fragile she looked within Till's arms; I've known Maisie for so many years and I never would think she would endure what's she has gone through twice. 

But even though Maisie was on my mind; there was something else that I could just not get my head around and that's finding out Paul has held something so deep within him that he couldn't tell me. 

I've know Paul for 20 plus years and he never told me that he was raped when he was just 16 and I'm mad at him for many reasons but the most heart breaking aspect is he felt like he couldn't tell me. 

I just want to hold him and Maisie tight within my arms and never let them go; I just want to know why Paul couldn't tell me; I've made love to him for god sake and I could have triggered it without realising. I want to talk to Paul tomorrow because I want to understand him more and want him to know that he can tell me anything even from the past. 

It was currently 4:15 in the morning and I had just made 2 coffees with a whole load of whisky in them; Maisie was still up sitting outside on the pouch on the swing chair; she hasn't spoken to anyone and the last person she did speak to was Paul. 

I grabbed the 2 coffees and started walking upstairs to the attic, outside towards the porch where I saw Maisie and the log burning fire burning away projecting warmth. 

"Hey babygirl" I softly spoke as to not startle her; she turned around and gave me a warm smile but I knew in her eyes; there wasn't a glimpse of happiness within her. 

"Hey Reesh" Maisie smiled "hi baby; I made you coffee since you still haven't slept" I smiled placing the mugs upon the wooden table next to her "I slept on Paul's lap for a bit but... I'm so frightened" she sighed "I know babe and trust me I would kill myself to take that pain you're going through right now" I said.

"I really wouldn't want you to kill yourself; I'd miss you too much" she smiled a little glancing at me; my heart is hurting so much unknown to how traumatic and painful that pain within her must be.

"Come here Mais girl" I held my arms out to her; I wasn't sure whether she would actually trust me but to my surprise, she wrapped her arms around me tight. She curled up to me and rested her head upon my shoulder as I held her as tight as I possibly could so nothing would harm her. 

I love Maisie to my bones and she means more to me than anyone in the world and I know I will never be able to protect her from everything in the world but I would rather die trying then ignoring all the dangers out in the world. 

Suddenly I heard painful little sobs coming from the right side of me and I was relieved because at least she's starting to process it a little. 

"I'm sorry Reesh...I don't mean to cry" she pulled away as she wiped her tears "Mais" I grabbed her hands slowly and gave her eye contact "you cry that beautiful amazing heart that you posses baby; evil people have hurt you; don't feel ashamed to cry babygirl" I caressed her cheek followed by wiping her tears away with my thumb.

"You cry your heart out babygirl; as much as you want and need to" I caressed her cheek again comforting her; she smiled lightly at me and returned to resting her head upon my shoulder. 

I heard her crying again and I held her even tighter so she would know that she is protected with me and I'll make her feel safe. 

"Have I ever told you that you're my favourite person in the entire world" I said "even before Paul" she asked looking up at me "even before Paul; I fell in love with you all those years ago girl" I smiled allowing my heart to fill with love once again.

"Ew; you fell in love with a child" she looked at me in disgust "what, no moron; I fell in love with you like my daughter, ew" I grunted in disgust "I was joking Reesh" she giggled lightly and ruffled my hair "oh thank the heavens" I relaxed before I pulled her back into my arms so I could protect her.

"Is now the appropriate time to say that I fell in love with you and wanted to fuck you when I was about 14 years old or would that make it too weird" she asked trying to hold her giggle in "not what I wanted to hear but just to confirm I would not of had sex with you" I rolled my eyes before I kissed her forehead. 

"Its nice hearing you laugh a little babe" I smiled at her but her smile quickly faded "Reesh; when will I even walk out of the house again without being frightened" she asked "I don't know baby but we will all protect you regardless" I tried to be positive "but I don't want to be protected; I've spent so many years being so independent and now its all gone" she started to sob a little.

"I know Mais but we won't baby you and we will do all we can to make sure you're comfortable" I smiled and held her tighter to me.

"Want your brew" I asked changing the subject "yes please Reesh" she smiled I smiled and pulled away and grabbed the mugs from the table and passed her one. 

"Ew fuck..." is all I heard next to me moments later "what's wrong" I asked continuing to drink mine "have you...have you poured whisky into this" she asked in shock "I thought it might help you sleep; I know you like whisky so don't even deny it" I rolled my eyes.

"Straight whisky; I hate it in my coffee" she repulsed it in disgust "sorry Mais; I just assumed you liked it...you don't have to drink it" I said finishing the rest of mine and returning it back to the table "no its fine; it might help me sleep" she said and continued to drink it again.

"Speaking of sleep; should we go inside soon" I asked wrapping an arm around her "I'd rather stay out here" she said "baby its snowing and you're gonna catch your death otherwise; please come in for me...you know your lover" I winked "ugh fine as long as you never say lover again" she rolled her eyes and stood up.

"That's my girl" I smiled standing up grabbing the cup and walking inside, downstairs to the couch in the living room. I grabbed her mug from her and left them upon the island in the kitchen before I grabbed a blanket from the side and wrapped it around her upon the couch. 

"Go to sleep now baby" I smiled before kissing her forehead "Richard please stay with me; I'm scared" Maisie asked pleading with her eyes as if she never wants to be alone again. 

"Are you sure babygirl" I asked kneeling down in front of her "do you trust me" I asked "of course I trust you Reesh; please don't leave me" she pleaded with those beautiful blue/grey eyes that suit her so much. 

"Sure babygirl" I smiled as she got up and I laid upon the couch and allowed her to cuddle into my chest. 

"I will do all I can to protect you babygirl; never be afraid of me because I will never hurt you" I smiled and kissed her forehead before we both closed our eyes for the night. 

A/N The outside porch; how will Paul react when he finds out Reesh knows about his past rape?