Chapter 45- Apologises/I'll Be Here

(Richard's POV)

As always its a new day which meant it was another day of writing the new album and Maisie enduring horrendous pain which none of us could take away. 

Most of us have no clue to what Maisie is feeling or thinking; we are all relying on Paul for that since everyone knows about his rape because of me. 

I feel fucking shit for it but I'm relieved that Paul forgave me and I know its gonna take a lot of making up to do but he's giving me the chance to and I really need to make up for that shitty move. 

The next person I need to apologise to is Maisie because she does not need a conflicted environment at the moment; she needs everyone and everything to be calm and allow us to help her heal the best way she can. 

I feel fucking shit for disturbing Maisie but I'm really hoping she can forgive me because I know I'm not a bad guy and I didn't mean to start the argument; I just love Paul so much and I care about him and the truth is; I'm just scared.

"Here baby boy; a nice coffee for you" I smiled walking into mine and Paul's bedroom with a coffee in my hand "thanks baby; just on the side please" Paul smiled; I obeyed and placed the cup upon the bedside drawer and then looked at Paul; my beautiful handsome man and my best friend who I adore and love so much. 

"Are you alright baby" I asked tucking Paul into the bed covers "I'm fine darling but go and talk to Maisie, here" Paul smiled and grabbed the little soft toy sloth I found in Maisie's boxes from her old house when I was unpacking. 

It was really cute and I remember it from years ago and I'm hoping by presenting it to her it will show her I still care about her and didn't mean the argument. 

"Go and say sorry to her baby" Paul said as he passed me the toy sloth "I will; are you getting some sleep Love" I asked as he settled beneath the covers "only a for an hour or 2; just go and make sure Maisie is alright" Paul smiled "I will baby boo; I love you" I smiled and kissed his forehead as he closed his eyes. 

I left our room peacefully and walked over to Maisie's room; not many of us were in today so this is my perfect opportunity to apologise to Maisie. 

"Mais girl" I knocked upon her door "yes, come in" I heard her faint soft voice; I entered the room and saw her all cosy in her duvet watching Spongebob SquarePants. 

"Hi Reesh" Maisie smiled a little "how you doing girl" I asked sitting upon the bed "same as yesterday Reesh; in a very bad way" she sighed and rested her head upon her pillow; I feel so bad, there is no light to her and she's not lightening my dark like she normally would. 

"Listen Mais; I just want to apologise for that augment yesterday, it was completely unacceptable and I'm sorry" I smiled a little hoping she would accept my apology "its ok Reesh; I know you only love and care about Paul; I'm not angry at you" she smiled a little.

"So are we friends" I asked "of course we are Reesh; I need my best weird abnormal gay friend" she smiled giggling a little; I couldn't help but smile and kissed her forehead.

"Anyway; I think I have something that will cheer you up a little more" I smiled "oh yeah; what is it" Maisie asked sitting up a little in bed whilst giving me eye contact "I found this little guy again" I smiled placing the sloth in front of her.

"Aw Lucas" her eyes lit up that same lightness I always admire "I forgot I packed him; thanks Reesh" she smiled and started cuddling.

"Wait what do you mean again" she asked "I remember this sloth Mais, very well; you always carried it around with you and always felt safe with it" I smiled "how do you know that" she asked glancing at me.

"Your dad told me that it allowed everyone to understand when you needed space and didn't want to talk to anyone" I explained smiling "I'm gonna assume my Dad hasn't told you everything about this sloth" she asked "I'm not sure what you mean but if you don't want me knowing then I won't ask" I smiled she smiled and cuddled her sloth once again. 

"I really wanna tell you what happened to me when I was a kid but I'm just not ready" she said continuing to look at her sloth.

"Baby; you tell me when you're 100% ready and comfortable to tell me; I would never force you girl" I smiled she smiled "do you know when Till is coming back" she asked "I'm not sure girl but I'm here if you need some company" I asked smiling.

"Then will you get into bed and cuddle me; I'm starting to have flashbacks" she sighed "of course I will Mais" I accepted smiling and got into bed under the duvet and wrapped my arms around Maisie. 

She cuddled into my chest with her little sloth and I started caressing circles upon her back as a way to comfort her. 

"Go to sleep baby; I'll be here when you wake up" I smiled and planted my lips upon her forehead "I love you Reesh" she smiled as she closed her eyes, starting to fall asleep.

"I love you too Maisie girl; I'll be right here to protect you" I smiled and continued to caress circles upon her back.

A/N The sloth pictured is Maisie's.