Imagine #9: Derek

Book reads: 7.2k
Book votes: 305 guys guys guys guys, I'm so happy:'D I'm gonna post another, better imagine later, and you're gonna wanna read it because of the a/n I'm putting at the end.

"Hey (Y/N)? I'm here, you sounded stressed on the phone so I-" He stopped short when he saw you sat in front of your laptop- criss cross apple sauce- typing furiously, not even taking note of his words or his presence, and then slowly said "hurried over here to help you out"

"(Y/N) where's Stiles? Isn't he meant to be helping you with your extra credit shit for maths? I mean he his your brother..." Derek said as he sat beside you and tried to take your hands off the keyboard.

He succeeded and only then did you actually take note of him. "Oh hi Derek! Stiles went out with Scott and Isaac, something about needing a break from helping someone who's beyond help" you said as a tear slid down your cheek.

"Hey, hey" he cooed as he brought you onto his lap and cuddled you, while he slowly rocked back and forth for a few minutes. "You are not beyond help okay? I promise. I'll try and help you, even though I was never very good at maths" you smiled and said "Thank you Derek, I only have a few more questions to do, but Stiles didn't explain what I had to do very clearly. Here's the example he did for me"

Derek skimmed over the equation on the paper you had just handed him and then he hummed in amusement, Stiles had done this question wrong anyway!

"Okay, I'll go make you a cup of hot chocolate first, and then we'll figure these questions out together okay? One question at a time, nice and slow, and then I'll check over your other answers too" Derek said as he placed you gently back in front of your laptop and stood up, heading towards the kitchen.

*time SKIP IN THE TARDIS ONLY ABOUT TEN MINUTES BUT STIL(INSKI)*

"Thank you Der-bear" you murmerd as you took a sip from the hot chocolate and smiled as it warmed your throat and your chest on the way down.

"It's no problem" he said as he kissed you lightly on the lips before saying "Right, let's get started and then afterwards we can cuddle until Stiles gets back so he can apologize to you" Then he began explaining the equations to you and eventually you understood, because he was being patient and letting you get your head around it, unlike Stiles.

When Stiles explained it to you, he wasn't even paying attention, probably because he had finished all of his school work and was in home mode, but he could have at least tried to help.

Three hours later and you had finally finished all the maths stuff! Now you and Derek were both cuddled up on the couch watching Mrs Browns Boys D'Movie (Idk if you guys have ever heard of or seen Mrs Browns Boys, but it is so amazing and hilarious! If you can, search for it online and watch it because you won't regret it, although I don't recommend it to people below the age of fifteen/sixteen. It has ALOT of strong language) you and Derek were laughing your asses off and soon you heard the door open and shut and Derek paused the movie.

A few seconds later Stiles came into your line of view as he sat on the chair near to the couch. Derek looked pointedly at Stiles and Stiles just looked back at him clueless while you were looking down at Derek's hands and playing with his fingers(don't take that the wrong way).

"Oh my god, what Derek?" Stiles eventually asked after a minute of staring at each other. The sudden sound caused you to jump slightly and look up to see Derek cocking a brow at your brother.

"You said (Y/N), your own sister was beyond help? Stiles, she needed your help with school work. You're a brainiac! You could have helped her, it would have been so simple for you to just explain it, yet you decide to make the example wrong, and then bodge your explanation and go out with your friends when your own family, your own sister needed you"

By the end of Derek's little speech you were hugging his arm because he had stood up for you, and Stiles was looking down at the floor ashamed of himself. "Your right" Stiles eventually said.

"Your damn right I'm right" Derek said. Stiles stood up and walked over to you, where he knelt down to your eye level and held both your hands in his and said "(Y/N) I am so so so sorry, I should have helped you, I should have stayed, I should have played attention to you. Hell, I should have explained it all to you... I promise I will make it up to you. This weekend we'll do whatever you want to do. And from now on, when you ask me to help you with anything, anything at all I promise to try and help you in any way that I can..." He said as he looked into your eyes.

As you looked up into his eyes he squeezed your hands and you smiled. "I forgive you Stiles" you said and he wrapped his arms around you so tight and pulled you into the biggest hug you and he had ever shared before.

I know it's kinda shit... Like me. Anyway! I'll post a better one later trust me, you might wanna read it Love you little penguins