Baptism Testimony

Baptism:

Baptism is an important thing. 

My mom did it.
My dad did it
And so did my sister 

Get dunked under the water to start anew.

The thing is...no body ever explained baptism to me. "It symbolizes dying with Christ and rising with him" was all I got but there was no depth. 

Was it an obligation?
What did it mean when you got baptized?

No one ever explained it-
I never questioned it until this summer.

What led me here?

To ask me to pin-point the reasons God then forgive me but I can not answer that question myself. My fears, my selfishness, maybe I'm tired of running and finally want to rest under your shelter-

Stop hiding and lying to myself that everything is fine. 
That I am alright and don't need anyone.

That maybe if I hide everything, everything will be fine and realty would be nothing but a dream I can open my eyes from.

I guess I couldn't outrun you God
Or your Son Jesus.

I'm tired.
I'm broken.
And I am afraid.

I'm human God. 
A sinner unworthy of even a speck of your love.

I can't give you anything but a promise to do my best, pick up my cross, and give you and your son all of me. I'm finished-

Lying
Denying
And turning to everything else

But you Lord.

I just want to thank everyone who has been reading and just encouraging me on here. I want to thank you God for bring me people both on wattpad and not on wattpad and showing me that you Lord almighty have many all over the world and that I am not alone. I want to thank all of you guys who have just been awesome and encouraging me to keep searching and walking with the Lord. It is always uplifting to log on and see that there are many who went through what I am going through and came out victorious because of our loving God. To be honest I have never been baptized until today. I have never-I was a newbie lol but today was really special. This is the day I promise myself to the Lord; to be faithful and trust in him completely. Today I fully accept him in my heart. 

Candy:)