Letter 50

Hello Lord. I'm trying to think of something to write to you but it's like nothing really stick. I'm trying to bring up a topic but it's difficult for some reason. My family and I missed church two times these past week but today we finally went again and it was about habits and fasting. I want to try that. Fasting and giving you my time almost all day because you are my father and I want to get closer to you. It's going to be hard and I thought fasting was giving up something very valuable to us like for me that would be sweets since I have a very bad sweet tooth....but to only drink liquids for a whole month! Yeah to be honest I'm like "That's ridiculous" but hey you give us the strength for everything we just have to be willing to pull though. I want to try it though so hopefully I can tell my day tomorrow so if I try eating something starting January I can get kicked! Pastor mark said if this is our first fasting then we can pick days to eat but I'm debating about that....like maybe I should give up sweets for a whole month or just drink liquids for a whole month. Can you help me make a decision Lord. Another thing that's been coming up a lot is death. Suicide to be exact and it makes me sad because all these kids and adults that kill themselves off...they could have been saved. They could have had a chance if only somebody or I knew them or stepped in and make them feel loved. I guess I take suicide more personal than others because I tried offing myself Lord. I regret not appreciating my life and trying to take your job in my hands. I still feel ashamed of it but...is it weird that I'm thankful to that experience. You saved me and then you showed me I had it good and if I wanted something to change Lord then I needed to seek you and be an example to my family. You showed me there are a lot of people around me that needs you to be mended and love and as your child I'm the one to show them and love them. My family was one of the main ones. Yeah some things are the same but I see little by little the changes are happening and it makes me smile. Sometimes it's upsetting because it's only words I can give and hugs I can share-it is the person's choose rather or not they take it. I can only be there for them Lord but with you I'm positive it will make a difference. I pray for those who feel backed into the corner, like the only way out is to end themselves. I pray Lord that you show them the way and lead me and others to them to let them know they are not alone and unloved. That they are loved so much that it hurts even us that don't know each other that they are struggling the way they are. I pray for the weary and the down hearten that you uplift them and keep them going. Thank you God for the life you give us each and every day and help us cherish every moment we breath until it is our time that YOU call us home. I pray Lord that we love each other despite our differences or whether we are believers or not that we treat each other with nothing but the fruit of the spirit. Help us as your children Lord to be a reflection of you no matter how broken we feel we are and to rebuke the lying serpent that tries slithering his wicked way in. In Jesus Mighty Name: AMEN!

Candy.