Chapter 16

"Why are you helping me?" I groan in pain. My breathing is shallow, and with every inhale of breath pain erupts in my chest and stomach. Veronica has been sneaking me food and cleaning my wounds caused by Vladimir every day that I've been here. When I don't do what he says he beats me; each time gets worse than the last.

Vladimir needs psychiatric help. Then again I don't even think they can help him. He needs salvation and deliverance from the legion of demons using his body as a free live-in hotel. Only Jesus can save him now, because if he hits me one more time Lord knows he'll be seeing Jesus soon.

I won't conform into a weak minded bimbo who will obey his every command... no matter how degrading it is. No siree Bob! He got the wrong one today! Unless he descends from Heaven and is Jesus in the flesh I refuse to call him 'Master.' Slave days been over, Boo. Get your life right.

"This is Vladimir's doing. He used me as a pawn in his game. No matter what I did: help Vladimir win against Bizzy or tell him that I'm not helping him anymore, which I did, the end game would still be you. It's been you all along. And here I thought my husband's debt was the cause of all this." Veronica shakes her head and sighs. "I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted." I cough and wince at the pain in my chest. "Be honest, how bad is it?"

She grimaces and inspects my body. As she lifts up my shirt she gasps. "Well, it's really bad. Vladimir broke a couple of your ribs, busted your lip, bruised your right cheek and about 85% of your body. What the hell did he do to you?" Her hands are clenched at her sides.

I try to laugh. "Don't be too hard on yourself. I forgive you, and like you said, the end game was always me. There was nothing you could do, but let it play out and hope for the best. But to answer your question, he tied me up by my hands and had my feet dangling from the ground as he used me as a human punching bag to prepare for his fight with Bizzy.

Once Bizzy sees me he's gonna flip. You know what Bizzy is like when he's angry. Vladimir is as good as dead. I'm just worried about him though." I look at Veronica with tears collecting fast in my eyes. "...I know he's hurt because of me.

I overheard the doctor saying that he'll need surgery done on his shoulder. Bizzy can't fight, Vladimir. I... I won't let him! It's my fault he was hurt in the first place." I cry.

Veronica puts her hand on my shoulder. "If there's one thing I know it's that Bizzy will go through hell and high waters for the chance to love you." The metal door unlocks and Veronica rises to her feet. "I have to go for now, but I'll be back. Just hold on a little while longer."

"Give my love to Joon-ho and Dongho. I sure do miss them." I smile weakly. Veronica nods and slides out of my cell unnoticed.

Footsteps get closer to my cell. "Are you willing to obey me today? We've gone through this drill for 3 days. Aren't you tired of getting punished?" Vladimir grins.

"Aren't you tired Dr. Jekyll, or am I talking to Mr. Hyde? I can't seem to distinguish the both of you psychos anymore." I cough trying to laugh.

Vladimir slams open my cell door and bends down in front of me. He grabs a fistful of my hair and forcefully jerks my head back. I groan in pain at the sudden attack. His fingers trace over my lips, and I try to back away. This only infuriates him more. "You're mine! Do you hear me? I will win your love when I defeat Bizzy today. So let's get you ready for his arrival."

He slams his lips on mine, and I use all my strength to kick him back. Vladimir lands on his butt. I look at him frightened of his next moves. "I'm not yours! Even if you win against Bizzy, which I doubt you will, my heart will always be his."