Chapter 58

Mo's POV:

That weekend of Mocha-Sarang's 3rd birthday I had a strong sense to take her to the beach. So we spontaneously got a hotel and planned to have fun. Thankfully the weather was very beautiful. Before we drove to the beach I had stopped by our old house. It's been 3 years and the ashes were still in the same place. The world has moved on, but it seemed as if time stood still in this spot. I glanced at the sign and a smiled graced my lips. Someone bought the land and was going to rebuild the house.

We could finally moved forward. The past could finally catch up with the present and give us an even more beautiful future. I took a picture and left.

We checked into the hotel and then had gone straight to the stores to shop for whatever Mocha-Sarang wanted. We had so much fun at the beach. I took so many pictures of Mocha-Sarang having the time of her life. I wanted to capture her happiness and share it with the world. Even after tragedy strikes you can still have joy.

After we had gone swimming, I took Mocha-Sarang to get some food. By the time we made it back to the hotel it was already night, and she was sleeping. We got on the elevator, and just as it was closing a man tried to get my attention for me to hold the door for him. When I did look it was already too late and the door closed. The elevator stopped on the 3rd floor and I carried Mocha-Sarang to our room.

Opening the door, something seemed off. I quickly brought Mocha-Sarang to her room, laid on her the bed and checked the room to make sure there were no intruders. Once everything was safe, I turned on her nightlight and closed the door. Walking to my room I heard the shower water running. Reaching into my bag I pulled out a taser. Quietly making my way into my room I noticed a suitcase by the bed.

The shower water cut off and I thought of a plan on how to attack. I dropped my bag and readied myself for a fight. When the door opened I froze in my spot. "...Oh my God!!!"

》》》》

Joon Young's POV:

After the Thailand mission, I had gone straight to New Zealand to see my family. I needed their comfort and their presence. I stayed with them for nearly a year, cutting myself off from the world. When my wife and daughter died that day I had lost a huge part of me. Going back to South Korea with the guys would literally tear me apart. I couldn't face the ruins.

Soul searching took longer than I thought. It was a hard experience; I had wanted to end my life on several occasions- on Mocha-Sarang's and Mo's birthday as well as our wedding anniversary. A pastor of mine suggested that I buy them presents and send it to our old address. It was like some sort of coping mechanism. If I really wanted closure I would have to face my past and go back to the beginning. I started sending them gifts 3 years later; I couldn't bring myself to do it the first 2 years.

Most of my nights were spent crying, praying and asking God for a sign. What was my purpose now that my family was gone? What did God want me to find? I had traveled to all of the places where Mo's work hung in art galleries all around the world. I needed something to remember her by. The pictures that she took had her heart in them, and I wanted to be wherever she was. With each picture I came across God healed my broken heart little by little.

After 3 years had gone by I finally had the strength to send gifts to my family. I chose to send it to my old house anonymously. It was a bittersweet moment. As I was leaving the post office in New York I had seen a sign for South Korea. Something within my heart resonated and I stopped in my tracks to catch my breath. "Are you alright?" A woman asked me. I nodded my head and walked out.

My stomach growled, so I stopped to get something to eat. A message on a billboard caught my attention. I nearly choked on my food when my eyes landed on it. It said "Win a trip to South Korea to see Big Bang in concert." I hit my chest and coughed until my air passage was clear of food. "God, if this is you trying to tell me where to go to next please let me know."