Chapter 59

Joon Young spent the remainder of the month with us at the beach. It was a beautiful experience to see him bonding with our daughter. By the time we made it back home Mocha-Sarang decided that she wanted to show her daddy around the house. She took his big hand in her tiny one and directed him everywhere, doing her best to specify which room was which.

When night arrived Joon Young put Mocha-Sarang to bed and then came and stood in front of our bedroom threshold. "I'll be going to see the guys tomorrow... Care to join me?"

I gave him a small smile but declined. "I'd love to, but I have to take Mocha-Sarang to her doctor's appointment at 9:30am."

"Oh... okay. Sorry." He looked defeated about something and put his head down.

I stood up from the bed and walked towards him. Placing my hand under his chin I lifted up his head until he was staring at me. "I know that this is a lot to take in right now, but give it some time. You'll get the hang of having us around again."

Joon Young hugged me in desperation. I stroked his head and hummed him a melody to calm his nerves. "I'm so sorry for staying away for as long as I did. If I even had just a small inkling that you both were alive I would've returned sooner. I just feel like I've failed you as a husband and I've failed our daughter. I wasn't here, and she needed a father."

Wiping his tears I sighed. "She has Uncles who love her... plus she never gave up on your return. Mocha-Sarang knew about you since she came out of the womb. I've never kept you a secret, because I knew that one day you would return to us. Come on, I have something to show you."

I sat Joon Young on the bed as I rummaged through the closet. Once I found the DVD's I popped the first one into the DVD player and took a seat by my husband. "I made these videos of Mocha-Sarang from when she was 2 months old until now just for you. Even though you weren't present in the physical, I knew you were with us in spirit. I didn't want you to miss out on seeing the first few years of her life..."

When his tears fell my heart broke into a million pieces. "Joon Young..." I whimpered at his emotional pain.

"Thank you!" His arms wrapped around my waist as he laid his head on my chest. "Thank you for this."

"I made a promise to love you for as long as I live, and I'm not about to break my vow now. Mocha-Sarang loves you. I love you, and you're finally home where you belong. Leave the regret in the past. We don't blame you. We're just thankful that you're here." I confessed, running my fingers through his hair.

We spent the remainder of the night watching Mocha-Sarang growing up. Eventually I fell asleep and woke up to my alarm a couple of hours later. My body was so tired, but I had to get Mocha-Sarang to her doctor's appointment. Touching the other side of the bed my eyes popped open when I didn't feel Joon Young next to me. As I went to wake up Mocha-Sarang I heard laughter coming from downstairs. Following the voices I stopped once I had seen Joon Young and Mocha-Sarang making breakfast.

She took notice of me first and smiled widely. "Good morning, Mommy! Me and Appa made you breakfast!!" Grabbing my hand, she led me into the dining room. Joon Young pulled out my chair and pushed it in when I sat down.

"Thank you..." I smiled as my eyes watered.

"Just sit back and relax. I'll take great care of you." Joon Young kissed my cheek and had gone back to our daughter in the kitchen. We had our first breakfast together as a complete family. When we finished they even cleaned up and washed the dishes as I got ready. Mocha-Sarang dressed herself and Joon Young did her hair.