Chapter 42

Vladimir's POV:

"What did you find out?" I turned in my office chair to look at my personal assistant, who just flew in from Korea. She posing as a nurse at my brother's hospital.

"She's pregnant again." She said blankly.

I slammed my fists on the desk loudly causing my P.A to jump. "DAMN! I thought for certain that she wouldn't be able to get pregnant again after I poisoned her the first time 2 years and she lost the baby... how then? I must've miscalculated somewhere..."

"Why are you keeping tabs on her anyways?" My P.A blurted out in jealousy. Apparently she had other motives for being here instead of calling like she normally does.

I calmly walked up to her and kissed her. My hands wrapped around her pretty little neck, and I squeezed tighter. "If you know what's good for you you'll never question me again!"

She just laughed. "Don't forget who you're talking to, baby. I can easily take her life with the snap of my fingers if I see that you love her more than me. My men are already watching her. They're just waiting for my signal."

"You're a crazy one." I kissed her again, picking her up and carrying her to my desk.

"You love me though." She smirked in victory. And she's right. I've found myself in love with her... but I just couldn't leave Monique alone, at least not now. I wanted payback for her making a fool out of me in front of Anatoly Petrov and my men.

Anatoly... he'd flip if he found out that I'm engaged to his half-sister Anna.

**

Roman's POV:

After Monique grabbed my arm I just couldn't shake the feeling that maybe Monique was on to something. She told me that she miscarried 2 years ago, and that's right around the time my brother just up and left for Italy without warning. I thought it was strange then, but Vladimir has always been a strange one. My employee Stephanie stared at Monique as she left. That look was exactly the same glare that Stacy gave to Monique as well.

The air was thick, and I excused myself. "Excuse me. I'll be right back. I need some fresh air." Stephanie smiled at me and made herself look busy as I stepped outside. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up, and I casually glanced to my right. There were 3 men in the far distance staring at Monique and Bizzy.

These were professional killers, but they weren't any of my men. I quickly dialed Grayson's cell. "Hey, I need for you and Michael to watch over Monique and Bizzy. She's 4 months pregnant and I think.... my brother may have put a hit out on her. Also run another background check on all of my employees. Something's not right."

"On it, Boss." Grayson said and hung up.

**

Grayson's POV:

My phone rang and I knew it was time for work. "Yeah Boss?"

"Hey, I need for you and Michael to watch over Monique and Bizzy. She's 4 months pregnant and I think.... my brother may have put a hit out on her. Also run another background check on all of my employees. Something's not right." Roman said uneasy.

"On it, Boss." I said and hung up. "Ok, listen up boys, the Boss wants us to keep an eye on Monique and Bizzy."

"Again? What for?" Michael said concerned.

I glared at him. "I was about to tell you why had you not interrupted me." He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Anyways, Monique is 4 months pregnant and the Boss thinks that Vladimir put a hit out on her."

This information angered Michael. His wife of 10 years was 4 months pregnant with their 3rd child. All of our wives had children, so this hit close to home. "Does he want us to do anything else?" Gio asked putting his guns in their hoister.

I nodded. "Boss wants us to run another background check on all of his employees..."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Michael spoke out.

"Yeah, one of Vladimir's men has infiltrated the hospital to get closer to Monique." Gio looked pissed. Monique, Bizzy and him all got along really well. We all did, but she cut us off 2 years ago. I wonder why.

We all strapped up and got into the car driving to Bizzy and Monique's house. I drove as Gio, our master technician, ran a background check and looked into Vladimir's activities over the last 2 years. "Uh-oh." Gio mumbled to himself.

"What did you find out?" Michael glanced back at Gio quickly before returning his gaze to the road.

He was silent for a few seconds before answering. "One employee, Stephanie, is really Anna Petrov. And she's been engaged to Vladimir for the past 2 years."

"How do you even know that personal information?" I asked in amazement.

Gio shrugged and smirked. "I hacked into Vladimir's phone and security cameras at his house in Italy."

"Impressive..."

"That's not all. Apparently Anna has men watching Monique. Roman was right. We need to hurry up and get to them before Anna's men do." Gio picked up his phone and dialed someone.

Michael yelled at Gio. "What are you doing?"

"Calling for backup." He said calmly. "I think Anatoly might want to know what his sister has been up to. He doesn't play when it comes to Monique. They're like brother and sister."

**

Anatoly's POV:

I was sitting in the living with Monique, Bizzy, Joon-ho, Dongho, Veronica, Kai, Tasha and JK. as she explained that she felt like someone was watching her. I'm her baby's Godfather, and Monique is like my own sister. No one messes with her and her family without dealing with me. My phone rang and I recognized Gio's number. "Hello..."

"Your sister Anna has put a hit out on Monique. She's engaged to Vladimir as well. We're on our way to Monique's house as we speak. You might want to come too." Gio said in one breath.

"I'm already here. I'll see you soon." I took a deep breath to calm my anger as I hung up the phone.

Everyone looked at me, but it was Joon Young who spoke. "What's the verdict?"

"Monique was right. Vladimir and my half-sister Anna have men following you guys. Gio, Grayson and Michael are on their way here." I looked at her and she immediately wrapped her arms around her belly while Joon Young hugged her. What the hell has gotten into my sister?

The guys arrived at the house 10 minutes later. It was a sweet reunion between Monique and the guys. "Why'd you just cut us off 2 years ago? We were very worried about you." Grayson said as he embraced her.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. I was just in a very dark place. I had a miscarriage 2 years ago... It doesn't make sense, because my baby was healthy one day and gone the next..." Monique cried. I glanced at Joon Young as he wiped the tears from his eyes as well. JK and Veronica comforted him.

As we were sitting and making plans I heard movement in the backyard. "They're here..." I whispered. The guys drew their weapons as the women hid upstairs. "Let's put an end to this."