Chapter 78

Monique's POV:

I checked myself out of the hospital and the camera lights immediately surrounded me. Reporters and paparazzi were throwing question after question to me. Memories of this happening when I was discharged from the hospital years ago flooded my mind, and I ran away.

I ran until I found myself on a bridge. A part of me wanted to jump and end it all, but then I thought of my kids. I could never be so selfish and leave them behind. They need their mother… I know what it’s like to be parentless; I don’t want that for my kids.

Leaning on the rail, I took a huge breath, breaking down in the process. “WHY GOD?” I screamed out like a mad woman. Falling to me knees, I joined my messed up life in a pity party. In the middle of my depression, arms wrapped themselves around me.

“This is not the way, sestra…”

 “Please don’t do this…”

 Those voices… I looked up through teary eyes to see Joon-ho and Anatoly hugging me. Tears were also flowing from their eyes. “I was wrong to alienate you and blame you without first hearing your side of the story.” Joon-ho spoke softly.

“You’re our sestra, and we failed to love you. Forgive us, but we will not allow you to kill yourself. You have so much to live for.” Anatoly buried his head in my neck and cried.

“As much as I want to hate you guys… I can’t. But I can’t say that I want you in my life either right now. You hurt me the most. I reached out my brothers, and you guys shunned me.” I yelled. “I have NEVER cheated on my hus…” I stopped myself from saying ‘husband.’ The realization that I he actually went through the divorce struck me to the core, causing more tears to fall. “I never cheated on Joon Young.”

“We know that now, and we were fools to believe otherwise.” Joon-ho admitted.

“Narae and her half-brother set you up.” Once Anatoly finished his sentence, a fire erupted within the darkness of my heart.

I’M GOING TO BURY THE HEAD OF THE SNAKE!

**

Taemin had just arrived home when he overheard a conversation with his mother and Samchon. "You owe me more money, Narae. I've been patient for 5 months, but the loan sharks aren't as generous with time."

"I'll get you the money. You did such an awesome job at setting up Monique. Joon Young came instantly when I lied and told him that she had gotten sick." My mother patted his cheek and poured herself a drink. "And now that they're finally divorced, and she's left pregnant and alone, I can finally get him back."

"Why go through all that trouble and make it seem like she cheated?" Samchon asked in confusion.

"Joonie wouldn't leave her with just my word alone. He has to see it to believe it." My mother smirked evilly. "I've managed to isolate her from her friends and family. With her out of the way, Joonie and his money will all be mine."

Samchon shook his head in disbelief. "What about Ji-hoon, Taemin and Ji-soo?"

"What about them?"

Taemin finished recording the conversation and left to find his Father. His mother's actions didn't surprise him. She was always looking out for herself. Money was always her motive, she used to tell hin all the time. He didn't think she even knew what love was.

When Monique had come to rescue him, he knew that his mother would've just run away and leave him for dead if she was given the money. That's how heartless she was, oh but she was a great actress. He became indebted to Monique.