Chapter 50

“Do you listen to K-Pop? My daughter loves BTS.” Officer Kim asked as he danced to the music. “Save Me” by BTS came on and I smiled internally. I was just telling Suga how much I loved this song. He's been suffering lately; I asked him about it, but he brushed me off and changed the subject. I know the signs...

"Yeah," I whispered to him. I glanced up quickly to find him staring at me. "I'm best friends with Suga."

Officer Kim's face lit up and a huge smile graced his lips. "My daughter's 16th birthday is coming up in a week. Could you..." He cleared his throat and began again. "Could you possibly see if they'd perform at her birthday bash? She's my only daughter, and I'd do anything to see her happy." 

Looking down I smiled at my own belly and sniffled. Bizzy will be a great father that I'm sure of. He'd do anything to protect his family. Plus, I could use this to my advantage to get out of this situation. "I'd love to talk to them for you, but as you can see I'm a bit tied up at the moment. Who knows when the police will let me go..."

"Oh don't you worry about a thing, Mrs. I'll get everything sorted out for you. You have my word." Officer Kim swore to me causing me to smirk in victory.

“Do you think you could get me some food when we get to the station? I’m pregnant and very hungry…” I pleaded in all seriousness as my stomach growled loudly. 

Officer Kim chuckled and nodded his head. “Sure thing, Mrs. I can do that for you. I apologize about earlier as well. I didn’t mean to scare you or your husband.”

“Mm.” We spent the remainder of the ride getting to know each other. Officer Kim’s first name is Eric, and he’s originally from the states, New York to be exact. Once he found out that’s where I’m from we instantly connected. We pulled up to the station and I was nervous. I didn’t know what to expect. If someone killed Mr. Macario surely they were coming for me and Macy next.

Macy… oh god, I hope she’s safe! The patrol car with my husband in it pulled up right next to us, just as Officer Kim was helping me out of the car. The officers roughly pulled Joon Young from the backseat and once he turned my way my blood boiled. He had a bruise on the right side of his cheek. Those bastards… I was about to tear into them when Joon Young shook his head for me to be quiet. Scoffing I rolled my eyes and turned away from them.

We were led through to the interrogation room; Joon Young and I were separated again. On the way to my room I had seen Macy in one of the rooms being questioned. Roman ran into the building just as I was being led into my room. “Monique? I came as soon as I heard what happened. How are you? Is the baby okay?” I managed a quick nod before I was whisked off out of sight. Officer Kim closed the door and released me from my handcuffs.

“Thank you.” My wrists were a bit sore, but it was nothing extreme. Before Officer Kim could leave I got his attention. “Could I make a phone call please?” He offered me a smile and then led me to a room with pay phones. I quickly dialed Suga’s number and thankfully he answered on the third ring.

“Yoboseyo?” He groaned into the phone. I must’ve woken him up.

“Dangsin-eun sugamja ileum 'Monique.' Lobuteo kol-eul bad-assseubnida. (You have a collect call from an inmate name ‘Monique.’ To accept press 1.)" The automated voice system spoke.

I breathed a sigh of relief when he accepted the call. “Eotteohge doen geoyeyo? Wae gam-og-e issni? (What happened? Why are you in jail?)”

“Gin iyagiyeyo. Hajiman butag deulilgeyo. Nega nareul boseog hal pil-yoga eobsda. (It's a long story, but I called to ask you for a favor... and no I don't need you to bail me out.)” I chuckled. We talked about the birthday party next week, and he said that their schedules were free, but he’d have to talk to the others about it. 

I ended the call promising to explain my situation once I was released. “Dasi gamsahabnida. Naneun neoreul saranghae. (Thank you again. I love you…)” Yoongi remained quiet, and it broke my heart. “Joh-a, annyeong. (Ok goodbye.)”

I kept the phone to my ear for a little while longer hoping that he would respond. I hate that he was distancing himself from me. “Nado saranghae… (I love you too…)” Min Yoongi whispered before he hung up the phone. I smiled sadly and blinked my tears away.I was escorted back to one of the interrogation rooms. Officer Kim left as the two officers that tackled my husband came in- Officer Go and Officer Kang.

The woman, Officer Go, glared at me and I happily returned it. Her partner, Officer Kang, slammed his folder on the table hoping to scare me, but I stared at him blankly. “Look here’s the deal. We have you pinned for the murder of Mr. Luiz Macario. Your fingerprints are on the murder weapon. What I want to know is why? What’s your motive?”

“That’s simple. There’s no motive, because I didn’t kill him. When I left his office, Mr. Macario was alive and well.” Sitting back in my chair I folded my arms over my chest.

“You can drop the innocent act. We know you did it. We have you on videotape.” Officer Go growled at me.

I shrugged bored. “If that’s true then you’d know that I was telling the truth.” 

"Why did you go to see him?" Her question was full of suspicion.

Shaking my head at them I chuckled. "That's confidential and you don't have clearance for that level of information. Next question."

"Were you aware that your husband was also there?" Officer Kang informed me. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. Damn it, Joon Young! 

I looked away and held my composure. Now I had to humble myself and put my attitude to death. I had to be smart about this, because now my husband was involved. I'm going to hurt Joon Young when we get out of this. 

"Look here, Mrs. Park, we can't help you if you don't help us. If your husband killed someone we can give you immunity.... but you'll have to testify against him." Officer Kang begin.

"We know you're pregnant. Do you really want to give birth in prison? Help us help you. Give your husband up, and you can walk away free. You won't have to give your baby away. You'll both be given the chance to start fresh." Officer Go was really starring to piss me off.

Looking at the two officers I smiled politely and spoke the words no officer likes to hear. "I want a lawyer." They both cursed and walked out of the room.