Chapter 79: Forever Don't Last

There was a knock at my door, but it was drowned out by the rain and thunder outside. My phone rang, and I picked it up to see that Taemin was calling. "Hello..."

It was silent on the other end of the line, except for the rain. Without saying another word, I rushed to my front door to see him standing there drenched. "Oh Taemin... Come here!" I pulled him into my house and sat him down on the chair while I got him a towel.

Placing the towels around his body, I warmed him up. "I killed her, Mom..." he confessed. In between the rain droplets upon his face I could see that he was crying. "I killed Kim Narae..."

The information shocked me. My hands began to tremble in fear that his innocence was now tainted by death. "I'm sorry. You shouldn't have blood on your hands because of me. I'm so sorry, Taemin." I brought him into my motherly embrace and did all I could to expel the demons that Kim Narae made him carry.

This poor child... He told me all of the horrors that he had gone through because of her. She never cared for anyone other than herself. In the end she had managed to infiltrate our group and deceive many. The pain she has caused will be felt long after her death.

I won't mourn for her, but I'll give her children something she's never given them. Love. Everyone craves it, but many never experience its healing power. In spite of my own heartbreak, I'll love them back to health, and hopefully we'll all be able to heal each other.

I made sure Taemin ate, showered and slept. It's been a rough 18 years for him, but I promise to do my best in being the mother he and Ji-Soo need. They already have a bond with Mocha and Junior. Besides, I've always wanted to adopt. I don't need Joon Young; I can do this on my own...

But the truth is, I don't want to do this on my own...

After praying over Taemin, I heard a knock on my door. What is it with everyone knocking on my door now? When Joon Young and I separated, I didn't get any company, except for Dongho, Taemin, BTS and BAP. And they didn't even knock; they just walked right in.

I opened my door to see Ji-hoon and Ji-soo. If his daughter wasn't with him the door would've been shut in his face. Ji-soo reached out for me, and I gladly took her in my arms, showering her with my kisses. I moved to the side and allowed Ji-hoon to enter.

"I figured this would be the first place Taemin would come to. You're his safe haven." Ji-hoon admitted humbly. Ignoring him, I closed my front door and walked into the living room with Ji-hoon trailing behind me. I placed Ji-soo in the play pen and turned to Ji-hoon.

"I'll keep them safe. Now, if that's all, you can leave..." It was past Ji-soo's bedtime anyway.

Ji-hoon placed a suitcase on the floor, turned to leave but faced me again. With tears in his eyes, he got down on his hands and knees and put his head to the floor. "I was wrong, and there are not enough words to convey just how sorry I am. I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you."

He rose to his feet, and I looked away hiding my tears. He noticed them anyway, but I was grateful that he didn't say anything. I watched from the corner of my eye as he kissed his daughter a goodnight and left. I set my alarm and rested my back on the door. "God, I'm not ready to forgive them yet..."

"There is freedom in forgiveness. Healing starts with making the choice to forgive. I'll handle the rest." God spoke to my heart.

Sighing, I felt the wall around my heart crack. Ji-soo started to whine, and I quickly made her a bottle. After she had her fill, I gave her a bath, dressed her in her pajamas and rocked her to sleep. Mocha and Junior wouldn't be back until late tomorrow evening so, I had to plan on sleeping arrangements.