Chapter 76

We never did find out who broke into our house, but there weren't any further incidents so, we left it alone for the most part. But my eyes were always sharp and focused on anything that looked suspicious.

A year had gone by quickly, and the ladies and I threw Macy a surprise birthday party at a really nice club in Seoul. I wasn't happy that Narae was tagging along, but her and Macy became close. The way I see it is Macy's grown and she can be friends with whomever she wants, even if I don't particularly care for that said person.

The time we spent in our own seperate hotel rooms until the time we made it to the club, I made sure to steer clear of Narae. My fingers were itching to wipe that smug look from her face. She gave birth to a baby girl a couple of months ago, and Joon Young wanted to visit her in the hospital to congratulate her.

I wasn't particularly comfortable with the idea of him going by himself so, I tagged along much to my own displeasure. She was cordial for the most part, but that was only because Joon Young was present. Unbeknownst to him, she and I almost got into a scuffle 2 months after she gave birth, because she made a rude joke on how she wished Joon Young was the Father of her kids.

Macy had to hold me back. After that, I refused to let her violate my space with her not-so-subtle lusting for my husband.

The club scene wasn't really my thing, but I was here to support my friend. Once we entered, we all had gone to the bar. With our drinks in hand, we got to our booth. I chose a regular coke, because I was not about that alcohol life anymore. Bad things seem to happen whenever I'm under the influence.

Besides, you don't need drugs or alcohol to have a great time. I had my friends with me. What could possibly go wrong?

We partied the night away and quickly became the center of attention. The younger girls sneered, while the guys drooled in lust. The heat, sweat, stares and flashing lights were starting to get to me. Someone kept trying to grind on me, and I tried to shake them off. My level of comfort dropped quickly, causing me to exit the dance floor.

I grabbed another coke on my way back to the table when someone bumped into me, spilling some of my drink upon my outfit. "I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." I looked up at the sound of the man's voice and created some space between us.

"Don't worry about it." I guzzled down my drink and headed for the bathroom to clean up. The lights really started to get to me, and I suddenly regretted wearing contacts. My eyes felt dry and my head hurt. Splashing cold water on my face woke me up a bit, but I still felt terrible.

My body was losing strength. I convinced myself it was because my body wasn't used to clubbing. Being an introvert, everyone's aura was making me weak. Large crowds are a huge no-no for me, but I went against my better judgment because I didn't want to let Macy down. After this, I may go into hibernation. I may have pushed myself too hard.

Exiting the bathroom, I found the others and told them I was headed back to the hotel. Narae smirked at me, causing me to send a glare her way. "Be safe, Monique." She snickered. Ignoring her completely, I gathered my things and practically stumbled my way outside.

Aish, something was definitely wrong. My vision impaired once I hit the cool night air, and I threw up in the bushes. Could I be pregnant again? I mean, Joon Young and I have been more active lately now that Junior slept throughout the night. A smile graced my lips before I threw up again.

Wiping my mouth, I hailed down a cab before everything went dark.

》》》

I groaned in pain at the massive headache attacking me. Why me, God? That's it, no more soda or clubbing for me. Why is it so hot? I kicked off the covers but halted my actions once my foot hit something. Peeling my eyes opened, I quickly jumped out of bed and screamed. "Who are you?"