Chapter 83: Fighter

-----Mo's POV-----

          Once my home was in sight, my baby leaped. It was strange... this feeling. I'm happy. I know I'm happy, yet my heart is hurting. Slightly tapping my chest a little, I breathed through the sharp pain. Thinking of Joon Young choosing me brought a smile to my face.

          "...I chose you..." His words replayed through my mind so loudly that I spaced out. Don't overthink it. You're going to overthink it, aren’t you? Yep, there you go brain, overthinking it again. Taemin knocked on my car window, pulling me out from my thoughts. 

          "Eomma, I've missed you." He opened the door for me and just hugged me. I could tell he was experiencing another painful memory. 

          "Come on. Let's get you inside." Forgetting about my ice cream, I kept Taemin close to me, praying over him as we walked into the house. The kids were preoccupied with watching "A Goofy Movie" that it made it easier to focus on the kid who needed my attention the most.

          We walked down to his bedroom, and he lay on his bed. "Have I ever told you that I'm so thankful to be your mom?"

          "Yes." Taemin playfully rolled his eyes.

          "I mean it. I've always wanted to adopt, and now that you and Ji-sung are a part of my family, I feel complete." I smiled at how calm he was becoming. 

          His eyes met mine, but he scrunched up his face in confusion. "Don't you miss Joon Young?" 

          I winced in pain as another sharp pain erupted from my heart. What was going on? "I do." I finally confessed to someone. "I really miss Joon Young..."

          "Will you two ever get married again? I know we, your children, would love it if you did." 

          His question made me speechless. "...I don't know..." I answered hesitantly. "I don't know what the future has in store for us. You, my beautiful children, are my focus right now. Get some rest. I'll see you in the morning. I love you, son."

          Kissing his forehead, I carefully made my way up the stairs. By the time I made it to the last stair, I was on my hands in knees, gripping my chest. I had to get to my phone in the car to call Dr. Lee. Suddenly, the room starts spinning and a dizziness came over me.

          The wall became my support, as I slowly made it to my car. My breathing picked up, and panic flooded my being the moment my water broke. "Oh God no!! It's way too early. This can't be happening to me right now!!!"

          Pain set my entire body on fire, and I used what little strength I had left to get my purse and make it back inside my house. "Mommy, look at this part." She was trying to show me a scene from the movie, but my vision was blurry.

          "That's nice, sweetheart." I mumbled to myself. 

          "Mommy, you didn't even see it, silly!" Mocha laughed.

          Dr. Lee picked up on the first ring. "Send ambulance. Water... my water broke and heart hurts...."

          "Monique? Damn it! Hold tightly!" Dr. David Lee yelled into the receiver. My eyes closed on their own accord, and I heard the tiny patter of little feet approaching. 

          "Mommy, why are you on the floor?" Mocha shook me, but I didn't have the strength to respond. "Mommy, wake up!" She shook me again. "Eomma!!!!"