Chapter 55

True to his word: Joon Young never returned with the guys. He left for New Zealand believing his wife and child were still buried beneath the ashes of what remained of their house together. But he couldn't have been more wrong. While they were out avenging, Macy, Monique and Mocha-Sarang were fighting for their lives within the safety of Roman's private hospital.

They all had to be transferred to the I.C.U. Every day Roman and the others were away, Piero stayed with them and made sure they were well taken care of. Roman, Gio, Grayson and Michael had gone to Italy; Joon Young to New Zealand, but Anatoly remained with Joon-ho and Dongho. They were his brothers.

One day, about 5 months after they had returned from Thailand, Dongho injured himself during a dare. He drove himself to Roman's hospital, knowing that he would be taken care of for free. As the doctor finished putting stitches on the gash on his hand, he bandaged him up. "I'll return shortly with your prescription." The doctor exited the room moments later.

Dongho was never one for sitting still for more than a minute. He paced around the room in boredom, and just when he was about to abandon ship, the doctor returned. "Here's your medication." He handed Dongho two small bottles full of pills. "Take one of each every day with a tall glass of water until you're out. They will help prevent further infection and help you to heal properly. Do you have any questions?"

"Aniyo. Kamsahamnida!" Dongho bowed.

A nurse approached the doctor as he was leaving the room. "Macy Stroganoff and Monique Park have been moved to suites 303 and 304." Upon hearing this Dongho raced out of the room and ran up the stairs to the 3rd floor. He counted the room numbers until he came upon suite 303. Monique's favorite number was 3, so he just knew without a shadow of a doubt that this is where she was.

As he reached out and placed his trembling hand on the doorknob someone stopped him. "Excuse me sir, but you're not allowed up here." A nurse rolled up with a hospital carriage.

"It's okay Nurse Wendy. He's family." Piero said coming from around the corner.

Looking down at the small bundle in the carriage Dongho let out an inaudible cry. "Mocha..." He said. "Mocha-Sarang, I'm your Samchon..." Dongho started to say but he choked on his emotions. "Can I... can I hold her please?" The nurse smiled and picked up the small baby and placed her perfectly within Dongho's arms. "How is this possible?"

Piero placed his hand on Dongho's shoulders. "That night you all left, I had gone back to the house. The safe was still intact and when I opened it I found Macy, Monique and Mocha-Sarang. They were in bad condition, but they were still alive. I tried calling everyone but your phones were disconnected. I'm sorry..."

"You're sorry? What for? I should be thanking you for saving their lives. After we thought they were dead, no one could move on. It was quiet for a very long time. It just wasn't the same anymore..." He said. Mocha-Sarang squealed and stole her Uncle's heart. "Can I see her?"

The nurse and Piero nodded at the same time. Piero opened the door and Dongho slowly walked in. "Dongho?" Monique looked at him in shock. "I'm so happy to see you again!" She arose from the bed and engulfed her brother in a hug. They both cried while Mocha-Sarang enjoyed the warmth of the hug. "I didn't think I'd ever see you again. Where are the others? Is Joon Young with you too?"

Monique looked behind her brother, but Dongho shook his head no. “The others aren't here. I haven't seen Roman, Gio, Grayson, Michael.... and Joon Young for 5 months." He admitted sadly. "Joon-ho and Anatoly would love to see you, Macy and little Mocha-Sarang though."