Chapter 82: NICU

I parked my car and walked across the street to get some ice cream to drown my sorrows. Some people still pointed and whispered about me as I passed by. Throughout the 5 months of my separation, I've gotten good at ignoring them. However, tonight everything I bottled up was overflowing into a raging river I no longer had control over.

As I walked by a restaurant, I could've sworn that I had seen Joon Young. So, I backtracked and looked in the window. Sure enough, he was there having dinner with Ae-ra. It only broke my heart further. "I guess he chose her after all..."

The moment I put one foot in front of the other, I had seen Ae-ra toss her drink at Joon Young and storm off in the opposite direction. Joon Young wiped his face, paid for their meal and was headed for the exit. Gathering my senses, I quickly ran into an alley.

I made sure to time it perfectly so I would "accidentally" run into him. I kept my head down and cried, as Joon Young bumped into me. "Mianhaeyo..." I sniffled and moved out of his way.

"Jagiya?" He turned me around and looked into my tear filled eyes. "I'm so sorry, jagi." His lips found mine, and I cried for real this time. Pushing out of his hold, I shook my head.

"You don't get to kiss me after you just chose another woman before me." I walked away hoping he would chase me this time around.

"Mo, wait!" I hid my smile as Joon Young pulled me into his chest. "I met Ae-ra and told her that I choose you. She threw her drink on me and left." He smirked. "I meant it when I said that I want to be with you for the rest of my life."

I closed my eyes as he put his forehead to mine and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Yaksoghe?"

"Yaksoghe." Joon Young repeated in my ear, causing a shiver to race up my spine. "Come on. Let's go and get you some ice cream."

"How'd you know?" I looked at him, shocked that he figured me out.

"You're my heart; I know you." He chuckled, but this made me frown.

"No." I stepped out of his embrace. "You knew me."

It was like a tug-of-war with us as he pulled me back into the comfort of his arms. "...then I'll spend the rest of my life learning to love the new you in a way that you deserve."

His words penetrated the wall that I put up to keep him out. He intertwined our hands, walked me to the store, bought me ice cream and walked me back to my car. "So, I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Mm." Joon Young nodded. I backed up as he bent down to kiss me.

"We're not even dating, Joon. And I don't kiss just anyone..." Smirking, I closed my door and drove off. I watched between him and the road ahead of me long after he was out of my sights. "Slow down, dear heart of mine. I know you've never stopped loving him, but give it some time. Don't take him back so easily..."

_____Joon Young's POV_____

I watched as she drove off from where I stood. Running my fingers through my hair, I smiled in bliss as I reminisced about the kiss we shared. She actually allowed me to kiss her. Choosing her again was the best decision I've made.

Then again, this wouldn't have happened had I not let her go in the first place. But just seeing her naked in the hotel while another man was on her bed blinded me to the setup we both walked into. I couldn't see anything as betrayal clouded my vision at that moment.

"Did I just see what I think I just seen?" Dongho came up beside me staring in shock. He looked from the road then back to me, repeatedly, until I stopped him. "Wait! So are you and Mo finally back together?"