➵ TWENTY EIGHT

"You were right," Frank told her, his eyes closed but his mouth agape as he laid down on top of the blanket and underneath the stars.

"About what?" Gen asked slowly and solemnly, her entire body given up to the earth. She inhaled the sharp pine scent and felt it swim through her veins.

"It's so beautiful." Frank wasn't just talking about the sky.

Genevieve opened her eyes and said, "Yeah." They were about three inches away from each other, Gen's hand only seconds away from his.

The stars twinkled their admiration for the two, sending unfathomable signals in hopes of bringing them closer. Drab clouds came and went across the sky, breaking the moonlight temporarily only to allow it once more, brighter than before. The moon's thick crescent shape shot grey rays of sparkling mist upon their beings.

The looming air was thin and effervescent, though chilled, and as it was breathed into their lungs and sent back out, it gave them tranquility.

The crinkling of Frank's gummy snack package caused Gen to look over at him. He looked back and giggled innocently, holding one in between his fingers and offering it to her. She smiled, the corner of her eyes shrinking, and took it, popping it into her mouth at the same time.

For a moment, Frank wondered why they weren't talking, then he realized that there wasn't really a reason, but an instinctive feeling behind it.

He looked back up at the sky and sighed, Gen doing the same. Suddenly, she squinted her eyes and realized that the stars had disappeared. She sat up and looked around, seeing a wall of dark clouds barricading the atmosphere.

"Oh, no," Gen sighed, running a hand through her hair. She pulled out her phone and checked the weather.

Friday, November 22, 2015.
8:00 - 🌙
9:00 - ☁️
10:00 -🌧
11:00 -

"Shit, we gotta – "

Drip...drip...drip...