➵ THIRTY

The second their lips touched, it was over. Genevieve pulled away and gasped, her brows raised in shock. Frank scolded himself for acting so foolishly. "I'm sorry, I - "

Without fully comprehending what her muscles were doing, Gen kissed him again. They moved in sync, Frank's hand eventually reaching up and touching her cheek. Gen ran her fingers through his rain-slicked hair, unable to understand what was happening but wanting it just the same. Her mind was mush, just a blob of nothing but Frank swimming around in her skull. She wished she could feel that way all the time.

It was Frank who finally let go, hesitantly opening his eyes, not wanting to let reality return. As he looked at Gen, she kept her eyes closed, as if trying to recover from a dream that she wanted more of. "Uh..." Frank was star struck, blinking and recalling the last two minutes of his life.

"Wow," Genevieve breathed out, slowly looking up at him and smiling. "Wanna know something, Frank?"

"Um - "

"That was my first kiss. Like, actual kiss," she laughed, pushing her hair behind her ear.

"Really? Mine too," he said surprisedly, still holding up the blanket that Gen had let go of during the kiss.

"Um, what, I mean, how..." she stuttered, processing what this meant.

"I don't know," Frank said, deciphering what she was trying to say.

"Should we, like, date?" Gen asked, the awkwardness level rising.

Frank laughed and said, "Should we?"

"Well, I mean... I like you. I like you a lot," she paused and blushed, then continued, "I think, maybe...?"

"I think yes."