➵ SEVENTY FIVE

sam (i published it earlier, but wp was being a douchecanoe so hopefully it works now?? also i went on and published the next chapter too bc of the wait also idk why not)

Once Donna had plated everything, set the table, stuck a black fold-up chair in between two others so there'd be a seat for everyone, and took off her apron and oven mitts, she yelled to the boys, "Ya'll should probably start to get ready! They'll be here in an hour!" as she went into her room to get ready herself.

"Alright!" Frank shouted back, knowing that Gerard was too scared to answer. Groaning whilst standing up, he told him, "Come on, babe. Let's get this over with."

.

Not knowing the level of formality the occasion required, Gerard picked out the nicest clothes he owned while still being a little laid back, which came down to a black button down long sleeve and light grey skinny jeans.

Frank settled for a thin crimson sweater and black jeans, a small amount of time put toward styling his hair. Gee, on the other hand, couldn't stop fidgeting with his new 'do, tussling through it over and over in an attempt to get it to lay right. Frank kept telling him, "It looks fine, honey. Quit messing with it," which eventually worked after he added, with a whisper, "You look handsome."

Frank led Gerard to the living room, where they sat on the couch and waited for the big event to part way. Donna eventually came out of her room, the boys turning to see her. She had pulled her long black hair up into a nice-looking bun, perfectly spiraled strands of curled hair dangling on either side of her face. She wore a teal woven long sleeve under a holy beige cardigan and a black flowing skirt that reached her knees. As their eyes traveled down, they saw that she was barefoot. Gerard quietly laughed at his mother and her homey habits.

She hurried to the kitchen and dining room, double checking that every dish had a serving spoon and that the forks were on the correct side of the plate.

"Mom," Gerard stood up, "Everything looks amazing."

She smiled, exhausted, the effort she was putting forth visible in her droopy eyes. "Thanks, baby," she hugged him, running her hand through his hair that she'd already gotten to love.

He gasped and said, "Mom, don't mess it up!"

Knock knock knock.