➵ SIXTY TWO

sam

At six a.m., Gerard's alarm went off, which could be heard from down the hall, waking Frank and Donna also. Gerard got in the shower first, then Donna, and by the time Frank was able to get in, the water was cold. But he didn't care. He was used to no water, so cold water would do just fine.

As he got out, though, wrapped in a towel from the waist down, water dripping from his hair, Frank realized that the only set of clothes he had were the ones he wore the day before and slept in. Shyly walking to Gerard's closed door, he knocked, and was welcomed with Gerard's wide eyes.

"F-Frank," he stuttered, staring at his bare chest.

"Oh, uh, sorry," Frank said, crossing his arms, which made his towel slip lower. "I, um, I don't have any clothes."

Suddenly, Gerard looked sad, opening his door further so Frank could go in. "You can borrow some of mine."

When he opened his closet, Frank saw nothing but dark jeans and dark shirts, with a few splashed of light, all boy cut. They skimmed through for the smallest size of each, which happened to be black skinny jeans and a RHCP long sleeve.

"These should fit you," Gerard said, handing them to him.

"Thanks," Frank mumbled, going back to the bathroom to change into them. The jeans were still a little baggy, and the shirt sleeves too long, but he pushed them up and smiled at himself in the mirror.

Frank walked back to the couch in the living room and slipped on his converse and jacket. Gerard met him in there and Frank blushed when he began eyeing him up and down.

"They're a little big, but you still look cute," he winked, hugging him. Frank rested his arms on Gerard's waist and sighed. Then Gerard began giggling.

"What?" Frank asked, Gerard standing up, his hand hovering over his mouth.

"It's just...weird. You smell like me."

Donna then walked into their laughter, a brow raised. "What's so funny?"

Gerard quickly came up with, "Look at how weird Frank looks in my clothes!" He smiled teasingly at him and Frank rolled his eyes.

"Oh, Frank, you look fine! Quit teasing him, Gerard." When it finally clicked that he didn't have any clothes, she felt like a guilty mother who forgot to pick up her child from school.

Thinking about the dilemma, Donna knew that she needed to talk to them about it.

"Hey, boys? Can I talk to you for a second?" Donna asked, trying to keep her voice level.

Gerard shot Frank an alarmed look, fear in his eyes. "Yeah, sure."

They sat down on the couch, Donna on the edge of the coffee table. Frank's leg was bouncing up and down and she put her hand on his knee, settling him. "Hey, it's okay, Frank."

He gulped.

Donna closed her eyes and said, "I met your mother last night."