Chapter Eight

Tuesday came around quickly which meant Eleanor was going to her father's home to see her grandfather was visiting. She was excited to see Lyall, she and her grandfather had been pretty close since they met, and to Eleanor, he was just the coolest.

Sassiest grandfather in existence.

"Are you sure you guys don't want to come?" Eleanor offered the twins again.

"For the millionth time El-" George began but was struck in the face with a sofa pillow. Fred looked up at Eleanor with a smile.

"You go on, love. Have a good time. I'm sure Teddy is super excited to see you and drool over you."

"Gee, you make it sound like so much fun." Eleanor smiled before giving him a light kiss and giving George a high five. "See you guys later."

Eleanor had been only gone several minutes when there was a sound of someone arriving.

"Back so soon?" Fred said peering over the sofa but the two twins froze when they saw their mother.

"Uh.."

Eleanor arrived to the Lupin household and was greeted first by Lyall who wrapped her in a tight hug.

"Hey Grandpa." she said holding onto him. "Are you feeling better?"

Lyall had come under the weather, and had been placed on bed rest for a couple of weeks, much to the man's displeasure. While he was old, he didn't feel it and he didn't like to be reminded of his age.

"Oh I'm fine. You know I have to say those socks really helped when I was having the chills at night. Better than a bowl of soup."

"Well, I'm glad you're feeling better."

"Me too." the man chuckled. "Who knew a pair of flowery purple socks would make a man feel so good?"

Eleanor laughed. "Hey, I've known socks to do some extraordinary things."

"It wasn't the socks, it was the person." he said poking her nose.

Remus and Tonks came into the living with Teddy who reached out one hand to his big sister.

"Goodness, it was like he knew you were coming, I couldn't put him down for a nap without him screaming." Tonks said.

Eleanor took her brother in her arms, the child stared at her with a hint of a smile on his face.

"Did you miss me?"

Teddy's hand rested on her cheek and remained there for as long as she held him. His other hand played with her newest knitted hairband.

"Best friends for life, right there." Lyall pointed in the direction of his grandchildren.

"We say that now, but it could change later on- ow!" Remus was whacked by Tonks.

"Why would you jinx them?"

"Well, I was only saying...I mean I don't have any experience with siblings, but I thought sibling rivalry and fights was common!" Remus said as he rubbed his shoulder.

"No, Teddy and Ellie will be the best of friends." Tonks said reassuringly. "I mean, look at him, all he ever wants to do is be around her.

"Yeah, when he gets older and eventually sorted into Hufflepuff, I can tell him a whole bunch of stories..." Eleanor said.

Remus made a face. "There is still a chance of him being sorted into another house."

Teddy let out a loud screech startling everyone in the room.

"See, that's his way of saying he's going to be a badger, Dad." Eleanor said.

"Fine, I'm not arguing this anymore."

"Wise decision, Remus." Lyall said. "Because you would lose."

"Thank you, Father."

"Anytime, Son."

"Uh Mum, what are you doing here?" The twins were completely caught off guard by their mother's appearance in the flat.

"Well, seeing as I've been pestering Ellie so much lately with details of the wedding, I figured I would give her a break and pester you a bit."

"That's not necessary, Ellie likes it when you pester her." Fred said. "Isn't that right, Georgie?"

"Actually, I did hear Eleanor say that she needed a break from wedding talk." George grinned at Fred, who returned the look with a glare.

"Good. Well, we can discuss a few things..."

"I guess I'll just leave you two to it, then." George said rising but his mother walked over and pushed him right back down.

"You're in the wedding party so you're staying too."

"Ha!" Fred said. "Now you shall suffer with me."

"Discussing a wedding shouldn't involve suffering. Honestly, Fred." Molly said shaking her head at him. "How do you think Ellie would feel hearing you say that?"

"Mum, she would probably agree. She's not into all this planning stuff. We were just talking about getting married in pajamas a little while ago."

"Married...in pajamas?"

"Comfiest wedding ever."

Molly stood there looking back and before between her sons.

"You can't be serious," she said looking at Fred.

"No, because then I wouldn't be Fred." he said before he and George exchanged a high five.

Molly sighed.

"Look, I just wanted to get a head count of who would be coming, can we at least get that sorted? Any friends you might want to invite so we can at least get the idea of invitations going." Molly said.

"Oh sure, I can give you a list, but you might want to ask George that as well. He might be bringing his date."

Like a hawk, Molly's eyes darted to George who looked about ready to kill Fred.

"A date? You're dating someone?"