Chapter Fifty Five

Eleanor kissed Fred goodbye and gave George a high five before she left to the Lupin household where her family was waiting for her to have the 'family discussion" that Remus had called upon them. She arrived outside of the door to find the whole family was gathered in the living room including Grandpa Lupin.

"Hey Grandpa!"

"Look, it's my favorite granddaughter!" Lyall said as she walked in.

"I'm your only granddaughter, Grandpa." she laughed.

"That's why you're my favorite."

"I'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment or an insult." Eleanor said before hugging him and then hugging Tonks.

Teddy reached his hand out for Eleanor with a small babble call. Eleanor grinned and picked up her little brother.

"Hello there, little drool machine, how are you?

A small grin appeared on young Teddy's face as his hand rested on the side of her face.

"Where's Dad?" Eleanor asked.

"Right here." Remus said coming in from the kitchen. Eleanor turned to him, unsure of if he was in a good mood to see her or not after the day events in the Forbidden Forest. But she seemed to relax as he smiled at her and welcomed her to sit down with her brother.

"Why did you gather us here, Remus?" Lyall asked. "I'm missing my evening nap."

"Well, I wanted to discuss something with all of you."

"So discuss." Lyall said.

"I'm getting there, Father, thank you."

Tonks smiled and placed her hand on Remus' back as the man sat down.

"Alright," Remus said straightening his back, " well earlier today, Professor McGonagall pulled me aside to speak with me. She had already done the same with Sirius and Nixie."

"What did she want to discuss?" Tonks asked curiously.

"Well, since the Battle, some teaching positions have been left open and McGonagall has only been able to fill them temporarily."

Eleanor's eyes widened. "You mean, she was offering your old job back at Hogwarts?" she said excitedly. "You're going to be the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor again?!"

"That's what the offer was...yes, but I haven't accepted the job offer yet."

"What are you waiting for?!" Eleanor asked. "You were the best Defense professor Hogwarts ever had. Trust me, there are many that could vouch for that."

"I wanted to run it by all of you first before I made a decision. After all you are my family and Teddy is still so young-"

"Oh stop it." Tonks chuckled. "Teddy is fine. I've never met a more independent child than this one, and it's not like you aren't allowed to come home after or in between classes." Tonks told him. "I don't see why it would be a problem."

Remus smiled before looking to his father.

"I don't know why the hell you're looking at me, you haven't asked my permission for anything for over twenty years."

The two male Lupins shared in a laugh before Remus looked to everyone. "I wanted to run it all by you guys first. You are my family and I wanted to make sure that you all would be okay with it.'

"Well, of course I'm okay with it!" Eleanor said before walked over with Teddy and giving her father a side hug.

"Now wait just a second...Nixie and Sirius were offered a job as well?" Lyall asked. "What are they teaching? Swimming Lessons and Troublemaking?"

Remus shook his head no. " Nixie was offered the position to take over as the Transfiguration professor and Sirius, funny enough will be teaching Astronomy if he accepts."

Eleanor laughed. "I honestly can't see Sirius as a professor, Nixie yes..maybe....but Sirius..."

"Well, the thing is, while the two might be immature than most adults, they are very knowledgeable on both of those subjects."

"Now I wish I was still in Hogwarts." Eleanor said.

"Who knows," Tonks interjected, " they might have an elective knitting class soon enough."

"Yes right up there with underwater basket weaving." Eleanor smiled.

"That sounds oddly interesting." Lyall said. "I would take that class."

Eleanor turned her attention back to her father. "So are you going to take the job back, Dad? Please say yes, you don't understand how good you are at the job!"

"I'm a little hesitant, I'll admit." Remus said.

"About the..." Eleanor began but didn't say the word. Everyone looked to Remus who nodded.

"Last time parents found out...they weren't that thrilled." Remus said.

"But everyone was so sad after you left." Eleanor reassured him. "No one cared about that. And things are different now. You're a hero after fighting in the Battle. Please do it!"

"I agree!" Tonks said. "You should do it."

"If you do something well and it's helping people out, you should do it." Lyall told his son.

Teddy let out a shrill squeal clapping both hands together lightly and then proceeding on Eleanor's shoulder.

"That's yes in Teddy's language."