Chapter Seventy

Fred glanced over at Eleanor who sat quietly in front of the grave, several times she would open her mouth to say something, but each time she closed it, with a troubled look on her face.

"What's wrong?" he asked her.

"I ...I don't know what to say to her." Eleanor sighed. "I've apologized to her so many times-"

"You shouldn't be apologizing to her, love, you have nothing to be sorry about."

"But she should be here with us...with all of us. She didn't deserve what happened to her."

Fred pulled Eleanor into his side, not realizing that even with all the time that had passed, that she was still feeling guilt over Artemis' death, when in reality he felt slight guilt as well. If it hadn't been for the girl, he would have been dead. He wouldn't have been able to stay at Ellie's side, and he certainly wouldn't be getting married in five days time.

He still had his issues with Artemis and how she had acted before the battle of Hogwarts, but he wasn't going to argue that she wasn't a hero. She had saved him and while he hated the idea of Eleanor being stabbed, Artemis had saved Eleanor from receiving a worse fate.

"I just wish we could have helped her out."

Fred frowned. "I don't think we could have helped her at that point, Ellie. At that point, Artemis was in too deep. But you did help her for some time, you were able to show her what friendship and love was all about and I think she understood it at the end. You've helped some many people, Ellie, you need to stop being so hard on yourself."

"Sorry." she said resting her head on his shoulder.

"Don't be sorry, be happy."

"Self-inflating balloons." George presented one of the newer products that the twins would be releasing in the upcoming new year.

Judith, Eleanor and Verity sat on the counter in the shop, watching as George struggled to get the balloon out of the packaging without his wand on him.

Fred stood beside him and shook his head.

"What are you doing, just open it." Fred told him.

George turned to him with a face. "What do you think I'm trying to do, Freddie!"

"I don't know, but I'm beginning to think the balloons aren't the only things in this shop full of hot air-"

"Boys, play nice." Eleanor reminded them.

"He started it." George said. "He's the one who made the bloody packaging."

"I had to!" Fred said. "It has to be air tight, the minute these things are in contact with air they'll expand!"

"Just like your head-"

Eleanor sighed with a chuckle before looking to Judith. "I think after this, these two need to be put down for a nap."

"Agreed." the woman nodded her head.

Suddenly, George finally got the packaging open and the balloons fell out. Before they could hit the floor, the women watched as they began to fill with air and expand, rising up.

"That's amazing!" Eleanor clapped her hands together. "I can definitely see those being wildly popular at parties."

"Well, we've gotten most of the kinks worked out of them." Fred said grabbing onto one of the balloons before it flew passed his head. "The majority of them seem to do what they're supposed to, but there are some that over inflate until the point in which they pop.

There was a loud pop near the ceiling causing them to look up.

"Like that one." George said.

"But there is another add part to it. After eight hours, the balloons pop and the remains disintegrate making for an easy after party clean up." Fred smiled.

"You two have truly outdone yourselves...again." Eleanor said, taking the balloon that Fred handed it to her.

"Can we expect to see these at the upcoming wedding?" Judith grinned at the two.

"Well, if we can get the popping kink worked out." Fred said. "I don't see why we couldn't have them...that's if you want them?" he looked to Eleanor.

"That would be fun, I wouldn't even mind if they popped." Eleanor told him. "It would certainly keep everyone awake and on their toes."

"I'm pretty sure with what we have planned that no one is going to be bored." Fred reminded her.

The shop doors opened and Lee arrived to see Verity. Upon entering he greeted everyone with a warm smile before making his way to Verity's side.

The group discussed the wedding a bit more but Eleanor and Fred refused to give up much details about their surprises.

"Who would have thought, George, that Fred would be the first one of us to get married." Lee teased.

"I'm not sure how I feel about that." Fred said.

"It's a good thing." Lee said. "To be honest, I didn't think there were any women out there crazy enough to put up with you two. No offense, ladies."

"None taken, Lee." Eleanor smiled at him. "After all, Judith and I both know the true saint here is Verity for putting up with you."

Fred and George laughed before Fred wrapped his arm around Eleanor's shoulder.

"And that's why I'm marrying her."