Chapter Eighty Five

The next day would be dedicated to exploring the capital city, Reykjavik, and doing whatever touristy thing the couple wanted to do. But after an eventful night, the newlyweds needed to find the motivation just to get out of the bed. Eleanor was the first to awake, barely able to lift her head from her pillow only to see that it was nearing noon again. She groaned.

"Fred, we slept in way too long."

"I blame you." Fred said as he snuggled into his pillow.

"Me?"

"Yes you...temptress."

"Me?! The Temptress, oh I don't think so, Weasley."

"Well, I'm certainly not the temptress." He said. "As you can see, I'm fully dressed, which is more than I can say for you."

"The thing is, I didn't undress myself!"

Fred turned over to look at her over his shoulder. "No, but you certainly helped." he grinned.

"Whatever." she said sitting up. "We're sleeping the day away, you know, we're supposed to be out there exploring the city."

"Then quit being lazy in bed and get up, Ellie. Goodness." he teased.

"Fine. I'm going to go take a nice, long, hot shower." she said standing up.

"Really?" Fred asked sitting up in the bed.

"Yup. But you're not invited." she quipped grabbing a few things from her bag and then leaving.

"Now wait just a second.." Fred said standing up," we can talk about this you know."

"Nope." she said closing the door over to the bathroom. He heard it lock.

"Um Ellie, there's this thing called magic, I can unlock the door if I want."

"Go ahead and try." Ellie called back.

Fred shook his head at her. "Stubborn woman." he went to retrieve his wand to make a point, but realized as he searched around the room that Eleanor more than likely took it with her.

"Okay, you made your point..you can give me my wand back!" Fred called to her.

"I can't hear you over the sound of running water." Eleanor said.

"There's not water run-" he heard her turn the water on.

Fred sat on the edge of the bed, until Eleanor finished with her shower and came out fully dressed with a smile.

"Well, that was a lovely shower. I'm sorry you couldn't join me." she said to him before placing his wand down beside him on the bed.

"Yeah me too." Fred grumbled but suddenly she placed herself on his lap. She leaned in and kissed his cheek.

"Oh come to apologize, have you?" he said.

"No, I saved you didn't I? From my temptress ways. You're lucky, I almost lured you into sharing the shower with me. Phew, that was a close one."

"You are so unbelievably cheeky sometimes!" he said before holding onto her and falling back onto the bed with her.

"Well, I think I might have picked it up from hanging around someone for as long as I have." she said. He smiled at her before leaning in and kissing her nose.

"You have been taught well then. How about you let me shower and then we'll head out for the day and if you don't see everything you want to today, we'll stay an extra day."

"Yeah?"

"Yes."

The second time they ventured outside into Reykjavik, the two made sure to bundle themselves up especially with Eleanor's knitted items. They only had a few hours remaining before it became dark as light was limited during the winter months. But Eleanor was on a mission to see as much as she could while dragging Fred behind her.

"Will you slow down, I don't want to slip on the ice again."

"Well, you could pick up the pace just a little, you know." Eleanor said.

The two arrived at a horse farm as one of the first places that Ellie wanted to go. It was located in the Mosfellsdalur valley, giving the couple a great view of the mountains.

"Merlin!" Eleanor suddenly squealed causing Fred to jump.

"What?"

"Look at the horses!" she said clapping her hands together before pointing in one direction. "Oh my..they're so fluffy!"

"I think I just felt your estrogen levels rise there- oh wait, they are fluffy!"

"That one reminds me of Hagrid, look at it's beard!"

Fred turned to her. "Have you actually ever ridden a horse before?"

"If a thestral doesn't count...then no. But I don't want to ride one, I want to pet it...profusely."

"I think we can help you there!" a voice called out.

The two looked over to see an older man approaching them. "Are you here for a tour of the farm?" he asked.

"Yes!" Eleanor said excitedly. "Can we pet the horses?!"

The man laughed at her excitement. "Yes, of course."

She turned to Fred. "We get to pet the horses!"

Fred chuckled to himself as Eleanor followed the gentleman.

"She's seen Hippogriffs..but horses...that's what gets her excited."