Chapter Twenty Eight

Eleanor pushed her plate away from her as rested her hands on her full stomach.

"I can't eat anymore."

"You hardly ate anything." Fred said looking at her place. "Do you want to eat something else?"

Eleanor suddenly burst into giggles which confused Fred greatly.

"What did they put in your food? What's so funny?"

"I'm sorry." she said covering her mouth. "But when you said that, I could only hear your mother's voice."

"Oh great so now you're picturing yourself on a date with my mother." Fred groaned.

"No!" she laughed. "I'm not!"

"Oh yes because your laugh was completely convincing!"

She jumped up from her seat and moved over to sit beside him in the booth. "I honestly was not picturing myself on a date with your mother. It's just sometimes, you and your siblings say things that definitely remind me of her. It just shows that you guys pick up things from her. You all are like that with your father too. I pick up some things from my father too and my mother."

"I know you've picked up things from your dad."

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked.

"Sassiness for one.. and George and I are convinced you inherited from werewolf stuff." he said the last part in a lower tone.

"What? I did not inherit any of my dad's monthly stuff."

"Eh...maybe, maybe not."

"If we're referring to the smell thing, I don't think it's as weird as you say."

"Never said it was weird...different but not weird."

"That was convincing."she smiled.

"Hey even if you suffered from the same monthlies like your father did, it wouldn't change anything. I would still be there for you. Maybe...you know at a distance for the first few times. But hey what we're doing for your dad, I would do for you in a heartbeat."

"Do you think it's a good idea?" she asked him.

"Of course. Why wouldn't it be?"

"I don't know, I just know my dad is going to be upset."

"He'll be upset in the beginning because he worries about your safety and after that he'll get over it...hopefully."

"I hope he just understands that I want to help him. Even with the wolfsbane the last time, the house...it was a complete wreck. I know that's why he keeps us from coming over, because he doesn't want anyone to see the mess, but...that must have been one rough night."

"Well Nixie says we're doing well, soon enough you'll be able to help you father."

"Yes...as a penguin."

"The most fierce penguin ever."

"Now I'm just picturing a penguin waddling around angrily." Eleanor covered her face. "I've never seen a werewolf laugh but I'm pretty sure that's what going to happen when he sees it."

"Eleanor, you won't turn into a penguin. I highly doubt it. Harry said it will probably be similar to the animal of your patronus."

"That's just the thing, I never produced a corporeal patronus so I wouldn't know what that animal was."

"It's the hardest part of the process." Nixie said as she looked to the three younger adults in front of her. "You have to carry this mandrake leaf if your mouth for a month."

"A whole month?" George said. "Th...that's..."

"Rubbish." Fred grumbled. "It's going to be quite obvious that we are storing something in our cheeks."

Nixie made a face as the three adults began arguing the process with her. She immediately thought of how many times, James, Sirius and Peter had spit out their leaves on purpose or by accident and had to start all over again.

Harry laughed at the reaction as he joined them that evening after work. He was surprised to find out what the group was doing, but with jokes aside it seemed that the three were taking the process quiet seriously.

Sort of.

"You can learn some pretty good tricks on how to hide it and store it in your mouth."Sirius said.

"Do you have a lot of practice hiding things in your mouth?" Fred asked him cheekily.

'Shut up." Sirius said as Nixie, Eleanor and George chuckled to themselves. "Look, it's not easy, there were times where I nearly choked on mine in my sleep. My best suggestion is tucking it to the back between your teeth and your cheek so it remains somewhat secure. Chew with only one side of your mouth and chew slow."

"Where did you two get mandrake leaves to begin with?" Eleanor asked curiously, she looked to Sirius.

"You're looking at the wrong person, Little Lupin." he nodded his head in the direction of Nixie.

All eyes fell on the woman.

"I have my ways." Nixie smiled. "Mermaids are quite big in Herbology and if you know the right ones, they can get you anything you need. From Gillyweed to Mandrake leaves. Of course it was nice to find that out after stealing them from the greenhouses back in school. I risked my arse only to later realize that James was fully capable of grabbing the leaves using his invisibility cloak."

"Oh he was fully aware." Sirius grinned. "We all were. We were just going to see if Nixie would get caught.'

"Gits."

"I want to see the mermaids...up close." Eleanor said.

Nixie presented herself with a wave of her arms.

The group laughed.

"No, I meant you know with the tail and form. Sorry."

"I know what you meant, I was teasing Ellie." Nixie smiled. "If you want, I can bring you all down to see my mother, she's back in the waters."

"Can we?!" Eleanor stood up abruptly.

"Of course! Just a warning though, she likes to splash people."