Chapter Twenty Five

"So what did you tell your father? He was quite suspicious the other night. I'm sure he thinks you're up to no good with Nixie and I." Sirius said as he, Nixie, and Eleanor sat in the kitchen later on that evening.

"I told him we went and got manicures together."

Nixie laughed as Sirius looked at her and then down at his hands.

"Is that your way of telling me that you think I need one?"

Eleanor shook her head. "No...yes."

Sirius glanced down at his hands again. "I suppose you're right...they are looking quite rough these days. Mind you though, in Azkaban they don't give you nice lotions and oils. Dementors have no use for moisturizers."

"You're really weird, Sirius."

"That's a compliment to him, you know." Nixie said. "He takes pride in being weird."

"Like you don't?" Sirius turned to Nixie.

"I have no choice, I was born weird."

"Now you must pat your head and rub your belly for fifteen minutes." Sirius instructed Eleanor. She stared at him blankly.

"You can't be serious?" Eleanor finally said.

"I am. In more ways than one." he smiled.

"I completely set myself up for that one."

"That you did. Now...begin.'

"This is actually part of the process?" she asked as she began patting her head and rubbing her stomach.

"No, but it's pretty funny to watch."

"Sirius!" Eleanor groaned dropping her arms.

Nixie returned from using the bathroom and saw Sirius laughing.

"I told you not to listen to him." she said.

"Just having a bit of fun. I didn't think she was actually going to do it." Sirius said.

"Well, I don't know the process and some things in the wizarding world may sound ridiculous but often times they work."

"Like what?" Sirius said.

"Like the fact that knitting worked against the darkest of magic." Eleanor said.

"Ah...well...right there's that." Sirius said.

Nixie smiled as she sat down at the table. "It's not ridiculous and you know why?"

"Why?" Eleanor asked.

"Because it worked." Nixie said.

"That might be true, Nini," Sirius said, " but I mean it does sound quite ridiculous when you hear that a bunch of dark wizards were destroyed by scarves and socks."

"Fair enough." Nixie chuckled. 'Anyways, are you ready to get started, Eleanor?"

"Yes, but actually I wanted to ask you something before we got started?"

"And what's that?"

"Do you mind holding a group session?" Eleanor smiled innocently at her.

"A group session?' Nixie repeated. "You mean..."

Sirius placed his hand on Nixie's shoulder. "You've done it once before..."

"Back then I didn't have an option." Nixie said before laughing and turning to Eleanor. "Who else will be joining us? As if I don't already know."

"What does it matter what they are up to, Remus?" Tonks asked as she looked to her husband who was holding Teddy in his arms, attempting to put the child to sleep but Teddy wasn't having any of it.

"I just don't want Ellie getting in trouble."

"And I highly doubt she will."

"Have you met Sirius and Nixie? Maybe back in Hogwarts I liked to believe she didn't get into trouble much but after a bit of time, she nearly got in as much trouble as Sirius."

"Your two dearest friends will not allow your daughter to get into trouble...serious trouble." Tonks chuckled to herself at the last part but it didn't seem to settle Remus much.

"I know Ellie is up to something. She's very smart, and Sirius and Nixie aren't close to being stupid. So I know they are planning something."

"Maybe it's for her wedding? Remus, she's an adult you can't be suspicious of all her activities, she's honestly allowed to do what she wants. And don't act like you're some holy being yourself, I've heard the stories about the things you did in Hogwarts, you're not so innocent either. Besides why does it have to be a bad thing or trouble?

"Because we're talking about Sirius here. Also, I know they are lying because I'm sure they didn't go get manicures the other day."

Tonks shrugged. "I could see it."

Remus looked over at her and sighed. "I'm just overreacting aren't I?"

"Yes, you're quite good at it. But it's not a bad thing."

"How is it not?"

"Because it shows that you very much care about your daughter. And if that's a bad thing, I don't know what's good anymore. I will say this though, you know Eleanor has a good head on her shoulders, so trust her and trust your friends because you know that Sirius and Nixie love Eleanor. So they wouldn't do anything that would get her hurt or put her in danger. For all we know, they are just hanging out like family should."

"Right, I'm sure they're just have family game night."