Chapter Fourteen

"So you're really heading back to finish up your seventh year?" Eleanor asked Hermione as the women sat outside a small cafe.

Hermione nodded. "I feel like it's the right thing to do." she answered.

"It's the crazy thing to do." Ginny said.

"So I guess that means you're not going back?" Eleanor chuckled looking to Ginny.

"No thank you. I think I learned all I needed to learn from last year. I'm good." Ginny said leaning back in her chair. "What about you Ellie, you can always head back."

Eleanor laughed. "Yeah, I think that would be weird. Besides I'm happy working at the shop."

"You're weird." Ginny shook her head at her.

"Why?" Eleanor asked.

"Because not only do you put up with one of them, you put up with both of them...all day, everyday."

"Oh stop it, Ginny." Hermione said.

"Don't even get me started on you." Ginny said facing the woman beside her.

Verity sat there feeling quite out of the loop. She didn't know Hermione or Ginny very well, only speaking with them when they came to the shop, which was rare. Ginny was a Weasley, and Hermione and Eleanor were both with one of her brothers, so they were like a tightly knit family. It didn't help either that she was the only single one at the table.

Eleanor seemed to sense how uncomfortable Verity was and brought her into the conversation.

"Say Verity?"

"Yes, Ellie?"

"I'm pretty sure I saw Lee making googly eyes at you earlier in the shop."

Ginny and Hermione fell silent as they looked to the shop worker.

"Lee?" Ginny finally said. "As in Lee Jordan?"

"That's the one." Eleanor smiled.

Verity turned red. "Oh I don't think he was looking at me like that." she said honestly.

"It's Lee." Ginny said. "He was looking at you like that." she laughed.

Fred and George both placed their heads on the counter as Lee continued to ask them questions about Verity. Question after question, and it was driving them absolutely mad.

"I have an idea!" Fred said suddenly scaring George beside him.

George and Lee turned to him as Fred held his hand in the air.

"What's your idea, Freddie?" George asked with a bewildered look.

"Lee, you can ask Verity all these questions." Fred suggested before leaving upstairs to the flat. George snorted while Lee looked confused.

"What did I do?" Lee asked.

"Pajamas, you're joking right?" Hermione said, as the discussion of Eleanor's wedding dress came into conversation.

"Not really." Eleanor answered. "Fred said it would be the comfiest wedding of the century. Besides, while I like wearing dresses, and I can never find one that I absolutely adore. I just normally settle for the one that doesn't make me look terrible. At least in pajamas, I would be comfortable no matter what."

"Ellie, but it's your wedding day." Verity said. "It's supposed to be a day where you look your best, and you're supposed to wear a dress so when Fred sees you he'll cry."

Eleanor turned to Verity. "I wouldn't want to see Fred cry."

"It would be tears of joy! You would look so beautiful and-"

Ginny snorted. "I know where you're going with this Verity but Fred would find Eleanor just as beautiful in pajamas than a dress."

"I know what you're saying." Verity said. "But I think there's a difference between Fred seeing her in a dress versus pajamas. Even though he always finds her beautiful, there's a slight difference."

"You don't know Fred." Ginny said. "At least not like I do. I'm the one who had to hear him talk about Ellie over those summers."

Eleanor turned a slight pink. "Okay, can we talk about something else or do something else?" she said.

"Well, I have to pick up school supplies from a couple of the shops-"

Ginny and Eleanor groaned while Hermione gave them a stern glare.

"Fine, I'll go on my own!" Hermione said standing up and heading away from the table.

"Wait...no...Hermione...don't go.." Ginny called after her flatly.

Eleanor arose to follow Hermione. "Come on, let's go with her."