Chapter Thirty Nine

Eleanor was ready to tackle the day in the shop one morning as she had finished several of her knitting orders and had a full eight hours of sleep the night before. She was heading downstairs to join Fred and George, but as she reached the bottom step, she found her father standing in the middle of the shop.

"Dad? What are you doing here?"she asked him confused.

"I uh..are you busy?" Remus asked in return.

"Well, no the shop isn't open yet. Is everything okay? With Tonks and Teddy?"

"Yes, everything is fine. I just thought that you and I could spend some time together, but if you're busy with the shop for the day, I will-"

"No!" Eleanor said stopping him. She looked to Fred and George who shrugged. "We can hang out for the day. I'm sure Fred and George can manage."

"Of course we can!" the two said with smiles.

"Great." Remus smiled. "Well, I'm ready when you are."

Eleanor wasn't sure what the two were supposed to be talking about as the father and daughter walked alongside each other through Diagon Alley.

Eleanor scratched the back of her head awkwardly only to turn and see her father doing the same thing. Suddenly, she began laughing startling Remus.

"What? What's so funny?"

"Nothing." Eleanor said dropping her hand back to her side. "So what did you want to do today?" she asked him.

"Well, I'm not sure. But I thought it would be nice for us to have a father and daughter day. I don't think it's fair that I spend more time around Teddy than you-"

"Dad, Teddy's only a few months old. You're supposed to spend all the time you can with him right now. You wouldn't want to miss anything." she told him.

Remus frowned slightly. "I won't get over the fact that I missed out on those moments with you, Eleanor."

"Oh don't be silly. Mum should have told you that I was not the easiest baby to be around. Teddy is a saint to be around. Me? Well, I gave my mother plenty of trouble."

"Perhaps you got that from me. My father always told me I was rather a fussy baby."

"What do you mean?" Eleanor asked.

"Apparently, I didn't let him hold me for quite sometime and when he did hold me, I cried." Remus laughed.

"Aww, poor Grandpa Lupin! He must have felt awful!"

"Honestly, I feel worse for my mother because she was never able to do anything without me in her arms." Remus said.

"So you were a mummy's boy, were you?" Eleanor teased.

"I was. I'll admit it. I really wish you could have met her, Ellie. You would have really liked her and she would have absolutely adored you. You're very much like her."

'So you've said."

"It's true. I wouldn't just say something to say something. She was very kind, always putting others before herself, but let me tell you...she may have had the kindest smile, but you never ever wanted to be on her bad side. Quite frightening. Only saw it once or twice as a boy."

"What would cause her to become so angry?"

"Well, when Greyback attacked me....it was weeks later that she swore she would hunt him down and tear him to shreds. The other time...don't tell your grandfather I told you this, mind you."

"My lips are sealed."

"The other time, your grandfather was completely stressed out as we had to move quite a bit when I was young, before people started to suspect things. One night, he comes home, completely brandy faced. My mother was livid, she told me to go to my room, but boy, I could certainly hear the fury even if I couldn't see it."

"Wow." Eleanor said wide eyed.

"Yeah. She could breathe fire when she wanted to...just like you."

Eleanor turned red before turning to him. "She was okay with finding out about the wizarding world?"

"According to my father, she was fascinated by it. She couldn't perform magic, of course, but she was very knowledgeable. When I would come home from school during the summers, she would ask me all sorts of questions about what I had learned. I remember her asking my father about certain spells...but one of her favorite memories was probably meeting Nixie and her family."

"Mermaids, I bet she totally flipped out." Eleanor laughed.

"Yes, at the time, she was sick and well, it the summer before our seventh year. Nixie's family invited all of to go to her home to have some fun by shore. Lily and James came, that was before they got together though. Sirius, of course, he had been living with James anyways...Peter.."

Eleanor swallowed at the mention of the man's name.

"And Marlene." Remus finished. "It was a nice summer. I bet you anything Nixie has some pictures lying around. You should ask her sometime, perhaps when you all are getting your manicures."

Eleanor looked up to see her father looking down at her with a knowing look. She immediately cleared her throat.

"Yeah, I'll do that." she said.

"You don't honestly expect me to believe that you all are getting manicures, Ellie, do you?"

"You can believe whatever you want to believe, Dad."

"Ellie, I don't want you to get hurt."

"And I don't want you hurting anymore."

A big thank you @XxAsTaRsObRiGhTxX for this lovely piece! Your work is fantastic!