Chapter Nine

Eleanor returned later on that evening, only to find George in the kitchen and the rest of the flat quiet.

"Hello." she greeted him as he sat at the kitchen table with a cup of tea, and a tired face.

"Hey, have fun at the Lupin household?"

"Indeed I did. Can't you tell?" she said pointing to her drool covered shoulder. "Where's Fred?"

"Shower."

"Ah."

"Looks like you don't need one." George chuckled referring to her drool spot.

"Yeah, Teddy was in a really happy mood." She went for her wand, when she picked up a familiar scent. "Was your mother here?" she asked.

George glanced over at her. "Yes...how did you know that?"

"I can smell her perfume." Eleanor said.

"How...you know, Ellie, I know you don't have monthly fur day like your father, but I'm beginning to think you picked up on some of his traits."

"What do you mean?" Eleanor replied as began to tap her shoulder with her wand to dry her shirt from Teddy's drooling.

"Well, I mean, your smell thing is...intense. I mean you can pick up scents quite well. " George said

"Not really, I just...I spend a lot time around your mother, I was bound to pick up on her perfume."

"That's not the only thing. You've picked up Cedric smelling like grass that time, you know what Fred smells like-"

"I've spend a great amount of time around the two."

"You knew when I changed shampoos!"

Eleanor shifted her feet as she looked down to the floor before throwing her head back. "Fine, so I pick up on smells, so what? That has nothing to do with my dad-"

"It might. Maybe you picked up the nose of a werewolf. " he said before letting out a loud howling noise.

Eleanor laughed. "Shut up George. I do not have werewolf traits. I can just pick up on scents."

"Fine, if it's not from your dad, maybe you are in fact part badger."

"If I wasn't so tired right now, I'd have things to say back to you but right now...I can't function properly."

"That's obvious, you've been tapping your shoulder with one of your knitting needles for the past three minutes thinking it's your wand." George pointed out.

Eleanor looked down to see her knitting needle in hand. "So it seems." she quickly placed the knitting needle on the counter and rubbed her eyes. "Wait...why was your mum here?"

"I guess we're going back to that." George sighed. "To discuss wedding details with Fred until Fred threw her on me."

"What? What happened?"

"He told her I was dating someone and of course, you know Mum, she tried so hard to get it out of me."

Eleanor walked over and sat across from him. "I don't know why you're trying to hide it." she yawned. "Are you trying to be like Charlie and Anora?"

"No." George smiled. "It's not like that. I just...I want to take my time with this right now...see where it goes before it becomes anything official."

"Well that's fine, but you shouldn't have said anything to begin with."

"If I didn't you guys would have been questioning where I was going."

"You could have made something up."

"You tell me that now."

"I thought it would have been obvious George. Anyways, I hope it works out well enough that you bring her around."

"Thanks, Ellie."

"Anytime."

Eleanor changed into her pajamas, and laid back on the bed with a yawn. She closed her eyes and began to drift off to sleep when she became alert as the bedroom door opened.

She lifted her head up to see Fred come in, his hair still wet from the shower.

"You're back." he smiled.

"No, I'm Ellie."

He smiled as he walked over to the bed and climbed over her, sitting on her lap. Luckily for Ellie, he was light enough to do that so that he wouldn't crush her.

She looked up at him.

"I heard Mummy Molly stop by." she said.

"Yeah she wanted a list of guests attending...and discuss other things."

"I heard you got away by using George."

"He started it. Besides I told Mum that we were getting married in our pajamas."

"Oh!" Eleanor laughed out loud. "How did she take that? I'm sure she was just thrilled."

"Too distracted by George dating to care, so I say, we don't mention it again. We'll let them think you got your dress and I got my suit...show up. You can wear your penguin pajamas, and I'll wear my plaids ones. How much more fancy can you get?"

"I can just see everyone's face now."

"Well, or maybe they could be in their pajamas too. That way all our guest will be comfortable and no one will panic over what they would wear."

"You know I'm totally down for this idea, but I don't know how your mum is going to handle this."

"I told you, Full Body-Bind curse should do the trick."

"Fred I'm not casting a spell on your mother-"

"You don't have to. I'm more than capable of doing it."