Chapter Thirty Two

"Feeling any better?" Fred asked, running his hand over Eleanor's head.

"Yeah, I'm feeling fine, despite the headache I gave myself from crying. This is why I try so hard not to cry in scenarios, I get the most wicked headache from doing so."

Fred smiled as she sat on the counter swinging her legs back and forth. He hopped up and sat beside her.

"Well, it's not what I was expecting to happen during breakfast...that's for sure." Fred told her.

"You're telling me? Never in a million years did I think I would be contacted by my mother's spirit." Eleanor said. "But I'm so glad it happened. I never got to properly say goodbye to her. I wasn't able to even hold a real funeral for her. But to actually hear from her, well, I needed that."

"Yeah, it's good to hear she's watching over you. I tell you though, George really knows how to pick them." Fred said. "I definitely did not plan on people talking to the dead before noon."

Eleanor laughed.

"I just hope I didn't make Judith feel too awkward. It was one of our first sit downs and I was already trying to kick her out of the flat."

"I know, your badger came out again." Fred mused as Eleanor blushed slightly. She rubbed at her head before sliding off the counter as the first customer of the day came in.

Verity came in for her mid shift and found George and Fred giving a demonstration of one of the flying toy car to a little girl while Eleanor was behind the counter helping another person check out. The customer finished as Verity walked behind the counter.The customer told the women to have a good day before leaving.

"I wonder what that man is going to do with all those Canary Creams?" Verity said to Eleanor.

"Apparently, his mother in law is coming over and he wanted to have a bit of fun."

"Why do I feel like that's going to backfire on him?"

"Well, even if he just gets the opportunity to see his mother in law as a canary once, I'm sure it'll make up for the lifetime of pure hell he'll get afterwards from her." Eleanor grinned. "How have you been, we keep missing each other."

"I know. But I've been good."

"Good or better than good. Heard you've been on several dates with Lee. I have to hear about how those went."

"You know, I know everyone thinks Lee is a little..."

"Out there?" Eleanor finished.

"Yes, that sounds about right, but once you get passed the silly pick up lines, he's actually quite sweet."

"I don't doubt that for a moment. I think that holds true for him and his friends." Eleanor said pointing in the direction of Fred and George. "Those two can be complete crazies at times, but there's always that sweet side that they save for someone they like."

Verity smiled. "Well, I really like Lee. He's different and I like that."

"Good for you two. I like Lee as well, he's a great person and you're a great person, so it works out doesn't it?"

"I think so."

"Why do I have to go in first?" Cedric whispered to Marnie.

"Because you're taller and far more intimidating than I am. Eleanor's not taller than you...she's less likely to swing that way."

"And if she does?"

"Well, just see it as taking one for the team." Marnie said patting him on the back.

"Thanks, Marnie."

"Anytime."

They arrived to the shop and Cedric being the first to enter opened up the door cautiously. There were several customers inside already. The majority of them were watching a demonstration with the twins, while Cedric quickly spotted Eleanor behind the counter knitting, talking to Verity about something.

"Okay, there she is. She's knitting."

"That's a good sign. Knitting puts Ellie in a better mood." Marnie said.

The two walked over to the counter, and Verity alerted Eleanor to look up as they approached. Eleanor glanced up and immediately set her knitting to the side.

"Hey Ellie..." Cedric said with a small wave. "Look before you kick us out..."

"Come upstairs." Eleanor told them before walking over to the door.

"She's taking us up there so there are no witnesses!" Marnie whispered to Cedric.

"Stop it, Marnie!" Cedric said. "I'm sure she just wants to talk."

"Are you two coming?" Eleanor asked from the stairway.

"We're going to die."

Eleanor entered the flat with Cedric and Marnie not far behind her. As soon as the door closed over, Eleanor faced them and held up her hand before either one of her friends could think of talking.

"You two know I love you guys very much right? I consider you two my brother and sister, and I would do anything for you two. So when I find out that the two of you got married in a letter...well needless to say that really hurt, because I would love to be there to share that moment with you seeing as we've been through so much together already. That being said, I already forgive you two for that...but I have a question."

"Go ahead Ellie." Cedric told her.

"Are you two...expecting?"