Chapter Eighty Seven

"Fred I said no peeking!" Eleanor stomped her foot.

"I wasn't!"

"Yes you were!"

"Okay, I kinda was, but it's because we've been walking for ages! My feet...why couldn't we just apparate."

"Ugh, you have gotten so lazy due to magic, it wouldn't kill you to walk somewhere. You were an athlete at one point if you don't remember."

"I was on a broom, not on my feet if you recall-"

"You'll live.." she said dragging him along, " besides we're almost there. "

"Where are you taking me?"

"To the next activity, which we would have arrived at sooner, but you keep dragging your feet."

"You could have carried me and all of this would have been avoided."

"I could have left you too." she responded.

"Ouch."

"We're here, you can stop covering your eyes now." Eleanor told him.

"Well, what if I want to keep my eyes cove- OW!" Fred dropped his hands to rub his backside. Only to see Eleanor standing in front of him with an innocently look. "Did you..did you just pinch me?"

"Should have I gone a little lower?" she said looking at her hand.

"Perhaps, but you could have went a little softer too."

"Poor Freddie, not feeling so frisky."

"Not after hiking with my eyes covered!"

Eleanor crossed her arms. "Well, I think you'll forgive me when I present to you the next activity!" she threw her arms out in a direction.

"A boulder? You brought me to a boulder?" Fred asked.

She clapped her hand over her face. "No..yes..but.. ugh! I brought you out here to see the Aurora Borealis." she smiled.

"Who?"

"Not who..what. The Northern Lights, Fred."

"Ooooh and they are-"

"How is that you're so smart in some ways but so dense in others. Just come on!" she grabbed his hand and pulled him over to the large boulder before they climbed it and sat down.

"So the Northern Lights.."

"I spoke with one of the farmhands.." she told him. "And he told me this was one of the best areas to come out and observe them. There's no cloud cover, we've lucked out with no rain and snow so far...so..I hope we get to see them."

Unfortunately, Eleanor had no way of predicting if the Northern Lights would show while they were there. The man informed her there was no set way of knowing as they were very unpredictable. Even on a beautiful clear night, it did not guarantee a viewing. He also warned that on the clearest nights, it normally meant the coldest nights in the area. They were tucked in a valley, resting on the boulder, and even with her knitted garments, Eleanor still found herself quite cold, mainly her face.

She glanced over at Fred to see that his gaze was focused on the sky hoping to catch a glimpse.

"There's no guarantee that we'll see them." she informed him. "I probably should have taken that into consideration."

"This is fine, love. Even if we don't get to see the Northern Lights, you have to admit the view is pretty spectacular from here. And look at all the stars you can see from here. Reminds me of the Astronomy lessons in the Astronomy tower. And look there's my Ellie star." he pointed out one of the stars.

"Are you sure that's the one?" she asked him in amusement.

"Pretty sure. It's the prettiest star up there."

"Aww Fred."

The two went silent for a moment before Eleanor giggled.

"What's so funny?" Fred asked.

"Sorry, I was just expecting George to pop up behind up and mock us or something."

"It is kinda weird going a couple of days without seeing him, isn't it?" Fred mused.

"It really is. But..I mean, I'm not complaining or anything. I do enjoy the time I get alone with you."

"Oh don't I know it." Fred winked at her leading her to push himself playfully. However, Fred didn't have his balance fully on the boulder, and from Eleanor's push, he found himself falling off the boulder. Eleanor quickly scooted to the side to look down at him.

"Oh my...I am so sorry!" she called to him. "Are you okay?"

"Don't worry," he said, " my arse broke my fall."

"You don't have a lot of cushion there to begin with, darling." she smiled at him.

"Oh good, add insult to injury why don't you?"

"Are you okay? I really am sorry."

"I'm fine, love, it's going to take a lot more than being shoved off a boulder to get rid of me."

"Well I-"

"Ellie look up!" Fred called out looking to the sky.

Eleanor turned her head and gasped.

"It's the lights! It's the lights!" she screamed. The greenish hue took to the skies over them as the wind picked up quite a bit. Fred stood up and climbed up the rock again to help shield Eleanor from the wind that burned their cheeks.

"This is amazing. I didn't think we were going to get the chance to see them." Eleanor said. "But this is so worth freezing our bums off, isn't it?"

"Completely worth it, love, completely worth it."