Chapter Thirteen

While Fred had a good time with his day off, he felt guilty for leaving Eleanor and Verity to manage the shop for an entire day, so he gave the two women the day off. He and George were more than capable of running the shop, but they would also have extra help with Lee joining in for the day. How Lee found himself roped into working, he had no idea.

Eleanor had planned to spend her day with Ginny and Hermione, but since Verity had the day off as well, she decided to invite the woman along.

Sitting on the floor of the shop, Eleanor sat pulling on her shoes with Fred standing beside her as he and George waited on Lee's arrival.

Since Eleanor had found out George's secret, she didn't dare tell a soul and didn't even bother discussing it with George. She wanted to wait until he was comfortable to introduce his lovely lady friend to the group. However, Fred knew there was something going on between the two and he wanted to find out. He figured he wasn't going to get it out of George, but he could certainly try to get it out of Eleanor.

Glancing down at the woman tying up her laces, Fred nudged her arm with his leg.

"No Fred." Eleanor answered.

"What I didn't even say anything?" he said.

"I already know what you're getting at. You've been pestering me about it all morning."

"I heard you and George were whispering about something this morning and I want to know what it is." he pouted thinking it would guilt her into telling him.

"Sorry no can do. That's between George and I. Besides it serves you right for snooping in on a private conversation."

"How was I snooping?! You two were in the kitchen...that's public space."

Eleanor smiled at him. "Oh goodness Fred, will you relax? It's not a big deal."

"You know who it is? Don't you?"

When Eleanor didn't answer, Fred shook his head.

"My own brother...and my fiancée...."

"You're being dramatic again."

"That was not being dramatic, this is being dramatic!"

She watched as Fred fell to the ground as if he fainted. "Just leave me here to die of a broken heart." he said placing the back of his hand to his forehead.

"A broken heart...really Fred?"

"Yes a broken heart! Two people I love dearly are keeping secrets from me."

"You need help, Fred."

"I need answers is what I need."

"You'll find out when the time is appropriate."

"Well, how come you get to know and I don't?! I feel like I'm losing twin privileges here."

"Because George didn't tell me, I figured it out on my own."

"How?"

"What you mean how? Because I'm smart!" she said before stepping over him.

"How about you share that knowledge?"

Eleanor laughed. "Nice try." she said as she looked down at him. "Now quit being dramatic and get up off the floor."

"No. I refuse to move until you tell me."

"I guess you and the floor are going to bond well then."

"Ellie!" he called after her as she went to walk away. "I'll create a scene." He threatened.

"Go ahead." she said. "This is your shop."

She went to leave again, but Fred was up on his feet in an instance. He raced over and wrapped his arms around her from behind, having it so she couldn't escape his hold.

"Fred!"

She went to demand that he let her go, however, she only found herself laughing even more as Fred began to tickle her.

"No Fred!"

"Tell me!" Fred said as he refused to let her go.

"No!"

Verity walked into the shop to see Eleanor trying to escape Fred's tickle attack.

"Uh...hello?" she said with an innocent wave.

The two looked up. "Hello Verity." they said.

"Umm...are you ready to go, Ellie?"

"One second Verity," Fred said struggling to keep his hold. "Eleanor isn't going anywhere until she tells me what I need to know."

Fred lifted Eleanor off her feet and left upstairs while Eleanor's shouts of protest could be heard.

Verity scratched the back of her head awkwardly as she waited in the shop.

She heard footsteps and while she expected to see Fred or Eleanor, George came into view.

"Eleanor should be down in a minute." he told her.

Verity smiled when the bell on the door went off. She turned around confused to see who had shown up to the shop while it was still closed.

Another man walked in, casually dressed with his black dreadlocks pulled back and a bright smile on his face.

"There you are Lee." George said.

"Here I am. At your service, working in the shop on a beautiful day...what did I agree to?" Lee sighed. Suddenly, he looked over to see Verity standing there, patiently waiting for Eleanor to hurry up.

"Well hello there." Lee smiled at her.

"Hi."

"Oh Merlin." George groaned internally.

"You hit me in the eye!" The three heard Fred cry out on the stairs.

"I said I was sorry. But your face got in the way!" Eleanor's voice said.

"Of your fist? And don't you tell me that this is also a reflex!"

"You were tickling me! You're lucky getting hit in the eye was the only thing that happened!"

"My eye hurts."

The two appeared at the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm sorry, do you want me to look at it?"

"No..no..I'll live.' Fred sniffed looking away from her. Eleanor made a face before kissing him on the cheek.

"I'm sure you will. Hi Lee. Bye Lee. See you guys later." Eleanor quickly grabbed Verity's hand and led her out.

The three men waved until the women were out of sight.

Lee turned around.

"Who was that?"