Chapter Thirty Eight

Eleanor sat on the floor of the flat, with some yarn, a knitting needle and her wand in her lap. Before her was parchment with several notes she had jotted down to figure out her plan. If her knitting had been capable of preventing healing and dark magic, she was sure there were other uses besides shielding from bad weather and pranks.

Her mission was really to help her father in anyway she could. The yarn she had at the moment was wool, but she began to think of all other materials she could use that would be stronger to prevent her father from ripping at it during his transformation. She thought of the other animal fibers, from silk to alpaca, but she was certain he could rip through those even if silk was quite durable and alpaca fiber being denser than wool.

She moved onto vegetable fibers but before she began to debate cotton versus linen, she figured they would be just as easy to rip through.

She scratched at her head when Judith came out of George's room that morning. Upon seeing Eleanor, the woman clutched at her chest startled by seeing Eleanor awake.

"How are you awake, it's like seven in the morning and we all went to bed around two."

Eleanor shrugged. "Sometimes my mind has other plans and won't let me sleep." Eleanor answered.

Judith walked over and sat behind her on the sofa.

"What are you working on?"

"A very, very, very durable jumper. At least, that's what I'm hoping for."

"Hoping for? From what I heard about your knitting, it's nearly impossible to destroy with magic."

"Problem is we're talking about it being durable for a werewolf." Eleanor said.

"Why are you trying to put a jumper on a werewolf?"

Eleanor explained to the woman what she hoped was a good plan even though Lyall wasn't exactly sure it would work.

"Wow. I would have never even ...this is...I'm at a lost for words really." Judith said eyeing the knitting materials. "How'd you come up with this stuff to begin with?"

"It's a long story that I'm still not sure how it all happened. All I know is, one day I knitted with my wand."

"And saved the world." Fred's voice rang out as he shuffled out of he and Eleanor's room with a yawn.

"I helped." Eleanor smiled. "It was really Harry who ended it all and saved the world with some help."

"With a LOT of help." Fred said. "Now, why are you two awake?"

"I woke up for a glass of water." Judith said. "I don't have an excuse for Ellie."

Eleanor laughed.

"I know why she's awake." Fred said looking down at Eleanor.

"You know nothing, Fred Weasley." Eleanor countered as she returned back to her list.

Judith smirked as she grabbed her glass of water and left back to George's room.

Fred walked over to where Eleanor was and sat down in front of her.

"Why do you choose knitting over sleeping?" he asked her.

"The same reason you go to bed late when you're working on product development." she answered. "You don't have to stay out here with me, you can go back to bed."

"It's not the same without you curled up next to me." he said. "Hugging a pillow is not the same as hugging you."

He pouted at her.

"Aww poor Freddie." she said with a pout of her own. She sighed and pushed the materials away from her. "Fine, I'll come snuggle you, but only for a few minutes."

"Only for a few minutes...sure." Fred muttered as he followed her back into the room. "I've heard that one before."

Eleanor's head rested on her pillow while she faced Fred who was looking at her while his fingers trailed over her hair.

"You think that jumper idea will work?" he asked.

"I don't know." Eleanor said. "But it never hurts to try."

"Depends on what you're trying." Fred mused. "One could argue that trying to leap from a tall building-"

"Okay, okay, I see where you're going with this." she said.

"I'm only teasing you, love. I hope with every part of me that it actually works."

"I think it could, if I could get a strong enough material and reinforce it with some spell...."

"Make him a full body suit." Fred suggested. "Or you could put your knitted knickers idea to use."

Eleanor giggled into his chest. "I don't think my dad would wear knitted knickers."

"Why not? I bet they would be nice and comfy. All men ever want is comfort down there.."

"Okay, let's not have this conversation because we're still talking about my father and the thought of him and knitted knickers is going to leave me with scarring images."

"I'm not picturing your father, but just a random werewolf wearing them now."

"Need I remind you of Filch in pink and frilly things!"

"ARGH!" Fred buried his face into his pillow. "Why would you bring that mental image back to me?!"

A/N: Hello Readers! Quick question : Would you all be interested in a short story that involves Lyall Lupin and his wife, Hope? The thought came to me about telling their story a bit. Just wondered if you guys would be interested.