Chapter Ninety Two

When Eleanor and Fred arrived in Germany, the two were taken back with how beautiful the country was. They arrived in the village of Schwangau which reminded Eleanor of the fairy tale stories that her mother used to read to her when she was younger.

"It's a beautiful place." Eleanor said as they looked around at the homes and buildings around from the window of their room in the bed and breakfast. "Check out the castle in the distance."

"Says here that it is called Neuschwanstein Castle. Try saying that fifteen times fast." he grinned.

"I don't think I can say it once." Eleanor said.

"But you were doing so well with your German tongue."

"That was luck. Some days I feel like I don't even have a grasp on the English language."

"We should make it a goal.." Fred began to ponder out loud.

"Make what a goal?" she asked glancing over at him.

"Learn a new language, we don't have to be incredibly fluent, but have a basic grasp. I think we could do it. Then when Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes expands internationally we will be able to-"

He stopped talking as Eleanor turned to him with a flat expression.

"What?"

"Did you just turn an activity we could do together into a business proposal?"

"No...I'm just saying that it would benefit the business....while we become closer-"

"Yeah yeah, nice save." she chuckled pushing him back by his face and walking over to the bed.

"So what do you want to experience while we're in Germany?" Fred asked after Eleanor had already brought out her knitting materials and began to knit while leaning against the headboard of the bed. "Obviously I know we're going to take a trip to the Neuschwanstein Castle. So you can get the full Neuschwantstein experience. Because you wouldn't want to miss out on the Neu-"

"Okay, I get it! You can pronounce it!"

"Pronounce what? Oh did you mean Neuschwanstein?"

She poked him roughly in the side with her knitting needle.

"Ouch." Fred grumbled rubbing the spot. "Bad Ellie."

She pouted in his direction mockingly. "Aww poor Freddykins. The pain must be unbearable."

"It is...almost as painful as...as..."

Eleanor raised a brow and dropped her knitting in her lap. "As?"

"As my wife not being able to pronounce Neuschwanstein."

"Fred!"

"This is payback for my sunburn!"

"It was your fault you got a sunburn in the first place! You neglected to put on sunscreen."

"You're the one who wanted to go kayaking!"

"Because someone was a big baby about going into the cave where the mean old batties were bound to get him."

"Bats aren't cute!"

"Yes they are!"

"No, they aren't!"

"Yes they-"

Fred clapped his hands over his ears. "Neuschwanstein! Neuschwanstein! Neuschwanstein!" He chanted loudly to drown out her talking.

Eleanor folded her arms and stared at him until he stopped and dropped his hands from his ears.

"Are you done?" she asked.

"Just one more. Neuschwanstein."

"You're an idiot."

"Yes, but that also makes you an idiot because you married this idiot." he said before falling back and resting his head in her lap and looking up at her with a cheeky smirk.

Eleanor turned slightly and grabbed the pillow resting beside her before placing it over Fred's face.

"What are you doing?" his muffled voice asked.

"Shhh. Just let it happen."

Fred remained quiet and still for a minute until she brought the pillow back up and glanced down at him.

"I love you." he said to her.

She said nothing as she moved his head off her lap and stood up from the bed.

"What? No I love you too?" Fred called out to her as she gathered things from her bag to head to the bathroom.

She hummed to herself as she walked inside and set down her things beside the sink.

"Are you going to say anything or am I getting the silent treatment now?" Fred asked rolling over so that he was propped up facing her on the bed.

She leaned in the doorway with a smirk on her face.

"Neuschwanstein." she said before sticking her tongue out at him and closing the door over.

"Oh you little sneak! I knew you could say it!"

"So when you said Berlin Wall...I was actually picturing more of a ...wall." Fred said.

"Well, they tore a lot of it down, Fred. It was dividing Berlin for over two decades. Can't say I blame them for bringing it down. Goes to show you that muggles share their own problems of separation too."

"It also goes to show you that even though we have magic, it doesn't make us superior by any means." Fred said looking at the jagged piece of wall before them.

Eleanor leaned her head against his shoulder before taking his hand and intertwining her fingers with his. He proceeded to rest his head upon hers as they observed in silence until Fred cleared his throat.

"Not to interrupt this historical moment of observation...but..we haven't eaten anything today, and...well...I'd like to eat some food...experience the German cuisine."

"Alright," she smiled, " let's go get you some food."

"All aboard?" he turned his back for her to hop on.

Eleanor jumped onto him."Choo-choo!"