Chapter Thirty Three

"Expecting what?" Marnie said after Eleanor's question. Cedric slapped his hand to his face while Eleanor turned her attention away from Marnie to Cedric.

"Are you?" Eleanor asked him.

"Wait, are you asking if I'm pregnant?" Marnie asked her.

"Yes, Marnie. That's what I'm asking." Eleanor sighed.

"Well then, I know I had a big breakfast and all!" Marnie said placing her hands on her stomach. "But I'd never!"

"I didn't mean it like that!" Eleanor reassured her."I just thought that because you two got married so quickly...well that's what everyone thought."

"Everyone, huh?" Cedric said.

"Yeah...pretty much." Eleanor nodded.

"Oh well...they weren't wrong."

"I'm sure they-" Eleanor stopped talking instantly as Cedric's words registered in her head. She looked from him to Marnie, and continued to look back and forth between the two of them.

"I think she's broken again." Marnie said with a smile.

"You're actually pregnant?" Eleanor said to Marnie. "Like there's a little person inside of you right now..."

"Yes," Marnie laughed, " mind you, they're nothing pretty to look at right now, but there's someone in there. Someone I have to share my food with."

Marnie gave her stomach a pat. "One day this child will know how special sharing food actually is."

Eleanor smiled as she shook with excitement. "So you're going to be a mother and you're going to be a father...Oh Queenie!" She squeezed the man tightly. "Queenie's a father!"

"I thought we were going to let that nickname go." Cedric chuckled hugging Eleanor in return.

"No..you'll always be Queenie to me."

"Um...when do I get my hug?" Marnie said.

Eleanor released her and squeezed her just as tight. "Oh Ellie, I think you've been hanging around Molly too long." Marnie gasped.

"I'm sorry! I'm just so excited for you two! I just.."

"Don't forget to breathe!" The two told her together.

"We haven't even told you the best part." Marnie said.

"How does this get any better?" Eleanor asked.

"We want you to be the godmother."

"Me?"

"No, a rabid chicken." Marnie said with a playful eye roll. "Of course, you."

"And if Fred wants he can also be the godfather, but we didn't want to put the pressure on him." Cedric said. "We also really wanted to apologize for not telling you about the wedding until afterwards. But it wasn't a big celebration at all, it was rather quick."

"But.." Marnie interjected as a reminder.

"Oh right," Cedric continued, " but we're having a small reception at my parents' house here soon."

"So does anyone else know about.." she pointed to Marnie's stomach.

"My parents know." Cedric answered. "And now you...but it sounds like everyone pretty much suspects it."

"Is this the reason why you guys got married?"

"Well besides the fact that we kinda like each other...sorta." Marnie said causing Cedric to grin. "You know how my parents are Ellie, they would never stop giving me hell over it."

"But you've never been one to care what they think." Eleanor reminded her.

"True, but I don't want them to deem the child a bastard straight outta the womb." Marnie said. "Because they will and you know it."

"Anyone calls my godchild a bastard, I'll end them." Eleanor said. "Anyways back to happy thoughts, I'm so happy for you two. I really am. Didn't I tell you, Marnie? Angry quidditch babies."

"Angry quidditch babies?" Cedric repeated.

Eleanor had the two sit around as she filled them in on everything they had missed while they had been away. The couple seemed overwhelmed by all the information Eleanor threw in their direction.

"Apparently, we're not allowed to go on vacation, all the exciting stuff happens when we're not around." Marnie shook her head. "I can't believe that you're actually going to become an animagus."

"Well, I'm trying. I can only hope that's the outcome."

"But you said it yourself, you have Nixie and Sirius helping you. Nixie was the one who helped the others become animagi, she can help you, Eleanor. And you have Sirius, I'm sure you'll figure it out."

"It's not just me." Eleanor said. "Fred and George are doing it as well."

"Oh this will be good. What are they going to be hyenas?" Cedric laughed.

"Easy Queenie." Eleanor warned him. "A hyena is better than what I'm probably going to be."

"And what's that?" Marnie asked.

"Sirius said I'll probably be a penguin."

Cedric placed his hand over his mouth to hide his laughter, but Marnie didn't even tried to hide her amusement at the response.

"Yes, I really hope you become a penguin!"

"Why?" Eleanor whined.

"Because, I've never seen a penguin up close."

"I don't think you would be a penguin, Ellie." Cedric said.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, you would be something like...a koala!"

Eleanor made a face at him.

"Thanks that was just the confidence boost I needed, Queenie."