Chapter Sixty One

With Christmas not far off, it also meant that Eleanor and Fred's wedding would also be soon and while Eleanor wasn't nervous about marrying Fred, she was slightly nervous about how everyone was going to take what they had planned. To calm her worried mind, she decided to spend the day with her grandfather as he was always one to cheer her up.

She showed up at his door early morning as he expected her to and was welcomed inside.

"I hope you haven't eaten yet, because I just made some breakfast." Lyall said as she walked in.

"Actually, I haven't eaten breakfast yet-"

"Well this works out well, doesn't it?" Lyall smiled as he had her sit at the table.

She sat across from him as he fixed the two of them a plate.

"So what's got you worried, Eleanor?"

"I didn't-"

"Don't even bother saying you didn't say anything. You didn't have to say anything, you and your father wear your emotions like new clothes." Lyall said setting the plate in front of her and then sitting down himself.

"So I've been told."

"It's not a bad thing. It certainly helps when people are trying to determine if you're lying about your feelings or not."

Eleanor laughed.

"So what's got you worried, dear?"

"It's just the wedding-"

"That's understandable. Marriage is a big step in your life. It's a lifetime commitment. Well...for most."

"It's not my marriage that I'm worried about." Eleanor told him. "I have no doubts in my mind when it comes to marrying Fred. I can't picture myself marrying anyone else."

"Then what is it?"

"I'm afraid of how everyone's going to react to what we have planned at the wedding...it's not going to be very traditional..so I'm not sure how that's going to go over."

"Who cares what the hell everyone else thinks? It's your wedding, Eleanor. Not theirs. You can do whatever you want at your wedding, so long as it's legal...what you're planning on doing is legal, right?"

"Yes." she laughed. "It's legal. Well...at least in this country it is. I can't speak for the rest of the world."

"Then you should be fine. Do whatever you want. You get one wedding...per marriage. So do whatever you can to make it memorable for you and Fred. When your grandmother and I got married, we had a bakery do our cake because your grandmother couldn't be bothered to do it and I certainly couldn't make a cake even with magic on my side. Well, anyways, the woman who made our cake kept insisting on this simple floral design pattern on the cake, I thought your grandmother was going to end up knocking the woman in the mouth if she didn't stop. She wanted the boggart on the cake and there was no arguing with her. Everyone kept telling her that the floral design would be so much prettier, but she reminded them that on their wedding day they could have a floral design on their wedding cake, but she was going to do whatever the hell she wanted with hers."

"Grandma Hope sounds like she was an incredible woman."

Lyall smiled as he sat back in his chair. "She really was, Eleanor. She was so kind-hearted, she'd give you the shirt off her back if you needed it. But she definitely had a fiery side to her, that came out only when she had been pushed just a little too far. I'm not kidding when I say you are very much like her, not just with your appearance. "

"Thanks Grandpa. I guess Grandma Hope would have been sorted into Hufflepuff had she been a witch."

"Probably sorted into her own house." Lyall joked.

"House of Knitters."

While Eleanor had easily escaped by spending the day with her grandfather, Fred was not so lucky when his mother came over to the shop to make sure they had everything set for the wedding, because with the holidays coming up, there wouldn't be much time to get things sorted.

He was trying to work on his wedding present for Eleanor but his mother kept interrupting him with questions. After messing up once more, he turned to his mother with a look. Molly hadn't noticed the look until she turned around after not receiving an answer.

"Don't give me that face!" she told him.

"You're giving me reason to give you this face." he said pointing at his face as he made a silly one at her.

"Fred please be serious-"

"If I'm going to be Sirius, then I can't be Fred. And if I can't be Fred then I can't marry Eleanor, and then we shouldn't be having this discussion.

Molly looked about ready to strangle him.

"Do you want to have a nice wedding or not?"

"Mum, I'm going to have a nice wedding regardless if the napkins match the tablecloths. As long as I marry Eleanor, I'm set."

Molly opened her mouth to argue with him, but she finally caught onto his words.

The twins were known to be complete knuckleheads through their youth and even as adults they were far from immature, but one thing Molly noticed was that whenever it came to the women they loved, Fred and George took a different approach. It sweet to see their caring side when it came to people outside of the family.

"Alright, I'll let it go, but if you two need help with anything..."

"We'll come to you first, Mum. I promise." Fred said.

Molly sighed. "What is that you're working on here?" she asked looking at the mess of things around her son.

"It's a surprise for Ellie." he said. "Here..come take a smell.."

"Fred I swear..."

"Nothings going to blow up, Mum. I promise. At least..not yet."