Chapter Eighty One

"Uh oh..." Marnie whispered to Cedric as they were in the tent, sitting at one of the tables. She had her feet propped up in a chair, glancing out at the remaining party guests when her eyes fell on Eleanor.

"What?" Cedric asked looking around until he spotted their friend as well.

"I think Ellie is going into that over-tired thing again..."

"Why do you say that?"

"Cedric, are we not looking at the same person?! She's talking to a knitted coaster!"

"Oh...is that what's she doing? Well, maybe she's just admiring her work.."

"Or she's going entirely bonkers...come on!"

Marnie forced herself up and pulled Cedric along to walk over to where Eleanor was sitting.

"Ellie..." Marnie called out to her.

The woman turned to them with a sleepy but happy expression.

"My friends! Hello...welcome! Come..come, sit! You must be exhausted from your travels."

"Uh...Ellie...maybe you-" Cedric went to say but Eleanor continued on.

"I haven't seen you two in ages." Eleanor told them. "But I'm so glad you're here."

"Ellie, we saw you about an hour ago..remember? We were at the wedding..."

"Wedding?!" Eleanor shrieked. "Who got married?" she glanced around.

Marnie smacked her forehead repeatedly as Cedric chuckled and walked over. He grabbed Eleanor's hand and brought it up to her face to look at her ring.

"You did, Ellie."

"What?" Eleanor started laughing. "I got married...oooh..."

"Okay, now I'm wondering if she's overtired or just drunk...check her drink." Marnie pointed to the mug that was resting beside Eleanor.

"It's hot chocolate."

"It was hot chocolate!" Eleanor corrected," but it got cold."

She pouted staring at the mug.

"Alright, Fred needs to bring her home and put her into bed." Marnie said. "This is absurd."

"You're absurd!" Eleanor pointed at her before dropping her arm to the table with a small laugh . "Oooh look, a knitted coaster! I love knitted coasters!"

Cedric and Marnie stared at her for a moment longer before Cedric announced that he was going to go get Fred. Leaving Marnie alone with the delusional one.

"Oooh there's that lovely tune again." Eleanor said with a dreamy look as she rested her chin in her hand.

"What are you talking about, Ellie, there's no music playing."

"I can hear it."

Marnie glanced up to see Luna Lovegood passing the table.

She rolled her eyes. 'Of course you can.... Ellie, snap out of it!"

"You snap into it!" Eleanor countered.

"What is wrong with you? Why do you get like this when you're tired?!"

Fred approached the table where he saw Eleanor resting her head down on the table, but her eyes were still open if just barely. She let out a yawn before peering up at him.

"Hello." she greeted him with a smile.

"Hi there." he chuckled before crouching down and lowering himself to her eye level. "You look sleepy, are you tired?"

"No, I'm Ellie." she laughed.

"For love of...please make her stop." Marnie said.

"Leave her alone, Marnie...she's tired." Cedric told her as he returned to the table. "And it sounds like you might be as well, why don't we head home too? We can see Ellie before she and Fred leave tomorrow."

"Sounds good to me!"

Once the two said their goodbyes and congradulated them once more, they left, leaving Fred to convince Eleanor that the party was over and it was time for her to go to bed.

"But there are still people here.' she yawned.

"I know, but they'll get home safely, I promise. Right now, you need to get into bed. We have a big day tomorrow, that involves a blindfold, darts and a map.."

'That sounds...dangerous. Yet fun!" she said.

"Ellie, it was your idea."

"What was?"

"The darts."

"What darts?"

"The darts we're using for the map."

"We have a map?! And no one told me this before hand?"

"Alrighty, that's it!" Fred walked over to her and lifted her up from the chair before looking in the direction of their families. " I'm taking Eleanor home and putting her to bed!" he called to them.

Suddenly, the remaining party guests let out several whistles and cheers until Remus silenced them all with a look.

Eleanor wrapped her arms around Fred's neck loosely, dozing off almost immediately as her head rested on his chest.

"You haven't even been married for twenty four hours and already you put her to sleep with your boredom, Fred...shame on you." Lee said to him.

"Shut up, Lee." he chuckled. He wished everyone good night before he arrived back to the flat a few moments later.

He glanced down to see that Eleanor was sound asleep in his arms, making him smile before he walked over and placed her on the bed.

As soon as he placed her down, he saw her eyes open a bit looking for him. He rested down beside her , placing his arm around her waist.

"You should go back to sleep, I'm right here." he told her. "Luckily, I don't have to change, considering we're both already in our pajamas."

"Sleep is for the weak..." Eleanor said, " and right now I'm so weak."

The two giggled.

"Sleep, Ellie, you'll need your rest, because I don't plan on you getting any sleep tomorrow."