Chapter Nineteen

Remus was up early the morning after the full moon, glancing around his home, he sighed looking at the mess he created. He stumbled up to the bedroom and grabbed his wand to restore everything he had broken. He rubbed his face, silently thankful that Tonks and his children were not there to witness the mess. That was the last thing he needed piling onto his already vast amount of guilt.

Suddenly, he heard the door downstairs open.

"Oh no." he groaned. Tonks normally did not show up early with Teddy, she normally waited until the afternoon.

"Dad?"

It wasn't Tonks, it was Eleanor. He headed down the stairs to find Eleanor standing around the living room which looked to be the result of a party gone bad. But upon seeing him, Eleanor smiled.

"Good morning."

"Not so sure about the good part, but morning." Remus replied back. "Sorry about the mess."

"Oh come on, Dad. You never have to apologize about it. Besides, it doesn't look that bad in here." Eleanor said walking over and opening up the drapes allowing the morning sun to pour into the home.

"You don't have to lie, Ellie."

"I'm not, trust me when I say I've seen worse. Have you ever seen Ron's room...on a good day? Frightening." Eleanor shook her head.

Remus chuckled. "What are you doing here, Ellie?"

"I came to check up on you." she said. "To see if you were alright."

"Ellie, you didn't have to do that...I know you worry-"

"You're not going to talk me out of this." she said. "I just wish that you were still able to have company ...during your..um..monthlies."

"You've been obviously talking to Sirius."

"Actually, it was Nixie who referred to it as your monthly." Eleanor smiled. "You have to admit, it's kinda funny."

"Funny for those that don't have to deal with it."Remus grumbled sitting down on the sofa and rubbing his face.

Eleanor walked over and sat beside him.

"Would you like some chocolate?"

Remus glanced up from his hands and saw his daughter holding out a chocolate bar to him. He looked to the chocolate bar and then back at her before he broke into a laugh. Pulling Eleanor into his side he ruffled her hair.

She offered the bar again and he took it from her. She watched him glance over the wrapper.

"Don't worry, it's not white chocolate and Fred and George haven't been around it."

"Ah good. That answers my questions."

While Remus sat on the sofa munching away on a chocolate bar, it was Eleanor who cleaned up after him using her wand before sitting back down.

"Did you really wake up this early to come check on me?" Remus asked wondering who the parent again.

"Of course I did. Dad you act like this is the first time I've done so."

"You shouldn't have to do this." Remus said with a shake of his head.

"But it doesn't matter. You have been with me through the toughest times of my life, at least allow me to be there for you when you need someone. I know Tonks would want to be here with you-"

"No-"

"I know Dad." Eleanor said patting his shoulder. "So just let me help you, will you?"

"There's not much you can do for me during these times, Ellie. The wolfsbane does as much as it can, but even that's not enough."

"Well, what did, Sirius and James do for you the morning after?"

Remus snorted.

"Normally, it involved the two of them hoisting me up to my feet from where I had passed out on the floor.'

Eleanor chuckled but quickly covered her mouth.

"What's so funny?" Remus asked with a smile.

"I was just thinking that sometimes it doesn't sound like you're a werewolf, sometimes it just sounds like you're a drunk."

Remus laughed heartily. "Yes, I suppose it does if you didn't know the context of the situation."

"So, James and Sirius never got hurt helping you?" she asked. "During those nights..."

"No, it seemed they were safe in animagus form."

"That's really nice."

"It was, it was nice to know I had some company during those nights. They would bring me outside and we would travel the grounds. It helped keep me calm. Well, rather calmer than usual."

"I can only imagine the scene of you all running around."

"Yeah to most it would look quite odd."

It was quiet for a moment between the father and daughter.

"You know Ellie, I am okay managing these nights alone." he reassured her. "I've done so for quite sometime. I've learned to manage without someone keeping me company through the night. I know I don't look the greatest the morning after, but you really don't have to come out here to help me clean and such."

"That's too bad, Dad. Because I'm still going to do it."

"You're stubborn."

"Yeah and who do you think I get it from?"

Verity entered the shop to see that George and Fred were with a customer. She set her things down, and waited until they were finished to see if they needed help with anything. But as soon as the customer left the shop, the twins were before her, resting their elbows on the counter and placing their chins in their hands.

"Hi Verity." the two said.

"Hello." she said wondering what they were up to.

"Did you have a good time on your date?" George asked.

"Uh...y-yes...why are you acting like that?"

'We figured this is how Ellie would be acting right now." Fred answered.

Verity chuckled. "Ah well, don't let her see you doing that."

"So what did Lee do, bother you with pick up lines the entire time?" Fred questioned. "I'm only asking because I know these are the questions Eleanor will be asking me later if she doesn't get to see you today."

"Where is Eleanor?" Verity asked them.

"With her father. She left early this morning."

"Oh, is everything alright?"

"Yes, of course." Fred said. "Now back to the question..."

"Oh well, we um just went for a drink that's all and we talked."

"No pickup lines?" George said.

"Maybe there was a few." Verity admitted. "But I will say this, they are quite funny."

"Must be a match made in heaven because you're the only one to say that."