Chapter Thirty Five

"I win! Hand over the money!" George said jumping up.

"Shut up, George! " Fred said. "You said it was green!"

"Oh...did I?" George looked to Judith to confirmation.

Judith nodded. "Yeah, you did."

"Oh...damn!" George grumbled.

"George!" Molly scolded him as she covered Eliza's ears.

"Ooops. Sorry." he grinned.

Nixie smiled. "Well, I guess everyone better pay up!" she said.

"What are you talking about?" Sirius said. "You said black."

"I didn't say pay up to me!" she countered quickly.

Fred looked to Eleanor. "I'm sorry but are you also a Seer or something?" he asked her.

Eleanor  laughed. "I didn't think I was going to be right but...PAY UP! I win!"

Anora shook her head but suddenly looked down to her daughter and looked quite confused. She turned to Charlie who seemed just as puzzled.

"It wasn't white when we left." She said. "It...it was black."

Charlie walked over as Tonks threw her hands up. "Yes! She's going to be just like her auntie Tonks. Whoo!"

"You know, I hear that children's hair color changes a lot when they're this young." Charlie said scratching at his chin stubble.

"Charlie, it doesn't change from black to white! At least not that fast!"

Eleanor looked down to her brother and laughed. "Looks like you got some competition, Teddyroo."

Teddy did not look amused as he met his sister's gaze.

"Wait a second!" Fred said causing everyone to turn to him. "Then who actually won the bet?"

"I think it's safe to say that Stella won." Sirius said.

Everyone enjoyed the rest of the celebration for Molly's birthday, Bill and Fleur arrived later on in the evening. As Bill distracted the majority of the party with discussion of the Gringott's bank, Nixie motioned Eleanor and the twins outside of the Burrow to speak in private.

"Alright, so how's everything coming along?" Nixie asked them.

"How much longer are we going to have to go over transfiguration lessons?" Fred asked. "I feel like I'm back in school. It's terrible."

Nixie shook her head at him. "I told you that this wasn't going to be an easy task. It took the boys three years to accomplish their training."

"Yes, but they also started off quite young. You all were quite young." George pointed out.

"I'm not arguing with you there. The boys weren't as old and didn't have all the transfiguration lessons that you did now under their belt at the time, however, they were incredibly smart and all quite skilled in transfiguration. Which is why I'm forcing you all to study up on the topic as much as you can."

"Can't we just put the mandrake leaf in our mouths and be done with it?" Fred asked.

"No." Nixie replied simply. "This is not easy, I know. But let me tell you, it has a potential to backfire and I don't know what happens when it does. Luckily they all completed the process as they were to. And if you screw up somewhere, you're going to find yourselves in big trouble.  This requires wandless and non-verbal magic, both extremely complicated. So trust my words and just do what you're told. Or else."

"Or else what?" Eleanor asked.

"Or else you won't become animagi." Sirius said as he walked out. "It's as simple as that."

"Well, I can't have that." Eleanor said. "I need this to happen."

"Need what to happen?"

The group turned around to see Remus standing behind them.

They all fell silent.

"Need what to happen?" He asked again looking at his daughter.

"Uh..." Eleanor fumbled with her words as she couldn't come up with a lie on the spot.

"We're discussing our monthly manicures, Remus, if you must know." Sirius told him.

"Monthly manicures?" Remus repeated. "It's a monthly thing now?"

The group nodded.

Remus turned to the twins. "And now you two are getting them?"

"The cold weather leaves our hands quite dry and rough." Fred answered as he and George held their hands up at the same time. They wiggled their fingers in his face until he pushed their hands away.

"You all realize that you could do all this with magic, right?" Remus said. "I'm sure there are some herbal potions and such to help with it and Nixie your mother has brought skin care items all the time-"

"It's not the same!" Sirius said. 

"Sirius is right," Nixie smiled. "It's a matter of being pampered, Remus."

Remus looked back to his daughter who avoided his gaze.

"Are you sure you're getting manicures, Ellie?" he asked her. "Or is it something else?"

"Nope, just manicures...well and pedicures."

"Padicures." Sirius and Nixie said.

Remus ignored them as he met Eleanor's eyes. "What are you up to, Ellie?"

"Nothing."

"You swear?"

Eleanor stared her father right in the eyes. 

"Solemnly."