Chapter Eighty Three

Eleanor was so excited for the trip, she could hardly focus on the clothes she was trying to figure out to bring with her as she continued to get distracted. Fred had easily packed his suitcase with a wave of his wand, but Eleanor was just all over the place. He watched her from the doorway as she would grab a long sleeve shirt and then put it back, only to grab it again. Becoming slightly impatient, he pulled out his wand and nearly placed all her clothing into her bag.

"There." he said. She turned to him and made a face.

'I was getting to it." she told him.

"You were also taking forever."

"Sorry." she said. "I'm just really excited. We're going to Iceland!"

"We could have been in Iceland by now-"

"Alright, alright, you made your point. Goodness you are impatient today."

"Well, we still need to stop at Gringotts, because we need muggle money too. I'm not sure what the wizarding community is like in Iceland."

"I have plenty of muggle money left over in my savings from my mother." Eleanor told him. "So I think we're pretty set there. You manage the wizarding money, I'll manage the muggle money."

"I'll have you know that I am fully capable of managing the muggle money as well, do you forget who my dad and your father-in-law is?"

"No...but I'm still going to be in charge of the muggle money." she said before walking out of the room. George came into the flat with Judith behind him.

"You two are still here?" he asked. "Why can't you two take a hint and leave?" he teased.

"We're going, we're going. I just finished packing." Eleanor told him as she headed into the kitchen.

"You have magic and it took you this long to pack?" George asked her.

Eleanor placed her hands on her hips and looked at him. "Magic doesn't help me make up my mind of what I wanted to bring with me on the trip. Besides, I understand I'm a witch and all, but sometimes I actually like doing things without my wand. I'm not entirely dependent on it."

"You tell 'em, Ellie." Judith chuckled.

"Thank you, Judith."

Fred came out of the room, holding the bags. "Are we ready to go now, then?"

"Yes, yes. I'm ready."

They had already said goodbyes to their families and promised to send pictures and letters during the trip. Eleanor hugged George and then Judith before she walked over to Fred who was glancing down at his watch.

"Quit looking at your watch, we're leaving!" she told him.

"I was just trying to figure out the time difference between here and there to see what time we would arrive! Don't tell me what to do!"

"Look at that," George whispered to Judith. "They already sound like an old married couple and it's only been a day since they've been married."

"It's only an hour difference in time!" Eleanor said to Fred.

"I was just checking!"

"Have fun you two!" Judith called after Eleanor and Fred before they disappeared. "They're going to have a fun honeymoon."

"Well, we might not be on a honeymoon," George said before picking Judith up in his arms, " but we can have fun too."

The couple arrived in Reykjavík a few moments later, and were instantly greeted by the cold as they arrived in the capital. By the time they had left, it already had been late afternoon in Diagon Alley, leaving Reykjavík one hour earlier. But due to the winter months,the sun was already beginning to set as the street lights started to turn on.

"This is amazing." Eleanor whispered under her breath as she and Fred stepped out of the hidden corner they had arrived in and looked around. "Gah!"

Fred jumped as Eleanor cried out suddenly.

"What was that all about!?" he asked her.

"Sorry, I just got so excited and I couldn't contain myself!" Eleanor said.

Fred laughed. "Well do you want to look around a bit before we try to find a place to stay?"

"Yes, please, although, we need to find a bank here. Because I need to exchange the currency-"

"We could have done that back in Gringotts!" Fred made a face at her.

"Yes, but I wanted to do it here! It's all part of the experience! Would you stop worrying so much? We're going to have fun!"

"You realize that neither one of us speak the language here." Fred pointed out.

"You realize that someone around here will speak English. I would expect they have frequent tourism, this being the capital and all. Besides, I think they would probably be insulted if we tried to use their native tongue, considering you and I tend to butcher other languages."

"I thought your Spanish was coming along very well." he told her.

"Aww thank you, but it's still really bad. Es malo." she giggled.

"Está bien." he said.

"Hey! Look at you, have you been practicing with Verity too?"

"No, I just listen to you two while you practice behind the counter sometimes."

"Well, it sounds like you've been working on your accent!"

"I have been! Thank you for noticing!"