Chapter Fifteen

When Eleanor returned to the shop that evening, it was closed and dark. She had stopped by the Burrow with Hermione and Ginny after Verity left to go home. Of course, Molly tried to trap her there and talking about wedding details, but Eleanor insisted that she had to get home and check on Fred and George.

She promised the next day that she would spend some time with Molly to discuss whatever the woman wanted to go over.

She headed up the stairs of the flat, and didn't find Fred, George or even Lee inside. Even the flat was dark.

"Oh I don't like this." she muttered waiting for one of them or all three of them to come out of hiding in attempts to scare her.

She stood for a moment longer and then called out. "Hello? I'm home?"

When she didn't get a response, she shrugged her shoulders and went to the bedroom.

"Hey Love!"

Eleanor cried out as Fred appeared from nowhere in front of her in the room.

"Don't do that!" she said slapping her hand against his chest as he laughed.

"I'm sorry! I couldn't resist!" Fred said blocking her hits.

"You scared the hell out of me! What is wrong with you?"

"Who knows?" Fred shrugged. "Come on, we're having fun up on the roof."

"Wh-"

"Come on, Ellie." he grabbed her hand.

"But I just got home and I-"

She wasn't given an option as she found herself on the rooftop of the building. She looked over at Fred who was all grin as he looked down at her.

"Don't give me that face. We're having some fun..."

Eleanor saw George and Lee standing a little ways away setting up fireworks.

"You can never get enough of fireworks, can you?" she said with a small smile.

"Uh...well these are new ones that we're testing out." Fred said wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "Inspired by you."

"By me?"

"By you." he repeated.

"Are the fireworks going to knit me a jumper?" she asked.

Fred laughed. "No, but I'll keep that in mind for next time. You'll just have to wait while they set it up. If they ever set it up."

"You want to come over and do it yourself!" Lee challenged.

"It'll probably get down a lot quicker!" Fred said leaving Eleanor's side and moving Lee over to help George.

Lee wandered over to Eleanor.

"Hello Ellie."

"Hello Lee." she greeted.

"How was your day?"

"Fine. How was yours?"

She already knew what Lee was doing, and she was just waiting for him to cut the small talk and get to the point. Instead he continued to ask questions that Eleanor knew that he had no interest in the answer.

"She's single." Eleanor said abruptly catching Lee off guard.

"What?"

"Verity. She's single." Eleanor said. "I know that's what you're heading towards, Lee."

"But-"

"Ha!" the twins said from where they stood.

Lee chuckled and looked to Eleanor while placing his hands on his hips. "Alright, so you got me. Do you think she would be interested in going on a date or something?"

"I suppose she might be. But I'll warn you, Lee. Verity is really sweet but she can be very shy, so throwing out all those smooth pick up lines you claim to have, isn't going to work on her. It's only going to make her feel uncomfortable."

"They make us all feel uncomfortable." Fred added.

"Oh give me a break, some of those are brilliant and you all know it."

Lee looked around to see the three staring at him.

"I said some of them, not all of them!"

"Look, Lee, I think it would be cute to ask her on a date, but you just have to go about it the right way." Eleanor said simply. "That's all."

Lee nodded his head. "I can do that. When's the next time she works?"

"Tomorrow." Eleanor smiled.

"Alright! Let's see how these work!" Fred said as he and George backed away. Fred and George stood on either side of Eleanor as she looked up to the night sky.

A few seconds later, the fireworks went off, filling the sky with brilliant colors. Some people walking through the streets stopped to watch the firework display.

"These are great!" Eleanor said, but she was confused as to what set them apart from the other fireworks they sold.

"Just wait for it, Ellie." George said.

Patiently waiting, Eleanor saw the fireworks disappear from the sky one after another, and then she suddenly smelled something sweet.

"What...what is that?" she said. "Why do I smell...is that blueberries?"

George looked over to his brother who was laughing. "Yes, it's blueberries, Ellie." Fred answered her.

"Wait...you made the fireworks scented..you two made scented fireworks?!"

"Pretty neat, huh?" George said.

"It's amazing, I smell banana now!"

"Yes, there's an assortment of them." Fred said taking her hand gently and guided her over to a box full of them. "You see, we started off with fruity smells to test it out. But we think we can move on to just about any smell..."

"This is too cool, and you said it was inspired by me..oh..because of my weird smell thing..right.."

"Right." Fred said. "Do you like it?"

"Yes. I do, I love them!" Eleanor reassured him.

"Good. Mission accomplished." he said kissing her forehead.

"But you know I just came up with an idea to add to these scented fireworks..." she said kneeling down to the box as she began to brainstorm.

Fred turned to George and Lee. "I love this woman." he mouthed.