Chapter Ninety Nine

Silence.

That's all the Healer was greeted with once he announced the news to the group. He had expected a more explosive reaction from the people, but he couldn't blame them as shock fell over every single person standing before him.

The husband of the young woman stood quietly, his eyes wide staring blankly ahead while the other red heads looked at him. Automatically, the older red headed woman was reduced to tears. The other adults exchanged glances that expressed the pure shock that they were all in at the moment.

"C-c-can I see her?" the husband asked before swallowing hard and wiping his brow of the droplets of sweat that had formed in a matter of minutes.

"Of course, we normally like to keep two to a room, but under the circumstances, I'll allow all of you to go in if you like. I only ask that you remain somewhat calm as we have other patients that are resting right now, and I'm sure Eleanor is already in a panicky state. Can we all agree to that?"

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

Eleanor sat on the small, uncomfortable bed that reminded her of the Hospital Wing at Hogwarts, until she looked around the small private room. She took several deep breaths as she felt the nauseating feeling of her stomach return, threatening to make her vomit at any given moment. The Healer had been more than lucky when she didn't spew all over him once he announced the news to her.

Her heart was pounding in her chest and in that moment she only wanted to be surrounded by her family and friends, as she felt fear rattle her nerves. She drew her legs into her chest and tucked her head into as she closed her eyes trying to relax.

The door opened and she quickly looked up from to see Fred enter along with George, Remus, Nixie, Sirius, Molly and Arthur.

Eleanor forced a small smile on her face and looked at each one of them.

"Hi." she muttered quietly to them.

Fred made his way over to her first and sat before her on the bed.

"Ellie..is it true?" Fred questioned. Eleanor avoided his gaze, but Fred quickly continued his questioning.

"Ellie are..how are you feeling?" he asked.

"Scared." she replied honestly.

He suddenly grinned. "Me too..so that makes the two of us."

"Three." Remus added.

"Four." George chimed in.

"I think it's safe to say that we're all freaking out right now." Nixie said.

Remus nodded his head before sitting on the other side of the bed beside his daughter.

"Alright..so..Hyperemesis...gravidarum." Remus repeated what the Healer had told them Eleanor's condition was. "Right?"

She nodded. "Yes."

"Okay, well they said it isn't..it isn't that bad. As long as you keep up with the potions, you'll be feeling better and it will reduce the vomiting drastically. But we just have to keep up with the treatment for it, or you're going to feel sick multiple times a day. That's what the Healer said and I don't think we want that. I certainly don't want to see you like that." Remus sighed.

"Dad..." Eleanor looked at him. "I think you're trying to avoid the real situation here. It's okay."

Remus didn't say anything as Eleanor turned to Fred.

"I guess..I guess we didn't exactly follow our plans, did we?" she said to him softly.

Fred looked at his wife and the guilty expression in her eyes as her gaze met his. He couldn't help but chuckle at her innocent look.

"Oh Ellie, I don't care about that!" Fred exclaimed. "You're pregnant!"

He leaned in and pressed his lips to her forehead with a happy expression.

Molly squealed squeezing Arthur and George into her. Fred pulled her into a hug, holding her into his body as he couldn't stop smiling.

Nixie and Sirius seemed almost as thrilled as the younger couple.

"My Merlin," George muttered. "Everyone is incredibly fertile in our group. Oh who cares, I get another niece or nephew!"

The twin jumped onto the bed to join in the hug with Eleanor and Fred.

Eleanor laughed before turning her head to her father, who had yet to say anything.

"Dad?"

She worried about his reaction the most as she knew Remus wanted her to take her time with starting a family. He wanted her and Fred enjoy the freedom on young adulthood, but even though they hadn't planned on starting a family so young, they didn't appear upset over it again. However,s he wasn't sure how her father was going to react.

Sirius cleared his throat signaling his friend to say something to his daughter and son-in-law who were waiting on his word.

"Oh Ellie..."Remus said looking at his daughter. "You're so young...the two of you..you guys are so young."

Eleanor's lips began to curl downward in a slight frown as Fred held one of her hands preparing to defend her if he had to.

"But..I know you two would make excellent parents." Remus finished. "And I will be there for you two every step of the way because..well..I guess I'm going to be a grandpa."