Chapter Seventy Four

The day before the Wedding, everything seemed to be going swirling around as if Eleanor had been caught up in a twister that wouldn't let go of it's hold on her. She remembered the book her mother read to her as a child, one of the many series of Oz. The one where a young girl was swept up in her house by a twister and brought to an amazing world called Oz, only to crush a witch with her house. Not the most pleasant story once Eleanor discovered that she was in fact the which, because the story included a basic hunt down of another witch to kill her with a bucket of water.

She was at the Burrow along with everyone else that had shown up for the last minute preparations. It would also be the last day part of the day that she would see Fred as Ginny had insisted in having the craziest of parties for Eleanor that evening. The next time she would see Fred would be when they were getting married.

Similar to Bill and Fleur's wedding, there was a tent outside the home, that while it seemed like an ordinary tent, it was a completely different story once someone was inside. Unlike Bill and Fleur's wedding, the decorations weren't over the top and as extravagant, even though Fleur had tried to include such things. But Eleanor didn't want any of the over the top fancy items, instead she wanted the tent to be warm and cozy for the wedding.

To her happiness, one of her favorite decorations definitely had to be the knitted coasters. She held one in her hand, it was one of the many that Molly had knitted herself for the occasion with Fred and Eleanor's initials on them.

She sat outside, not bothered by the cold as she wore one of her special jumpers, when she heard the door open. She was sure it was Molly coming to tell her to come help, but instead she saw her father walk out. He took a few steps towards her before he sat himself down beside her.

"Tomorrow." he said looking right at her.

"I know. It's crazy, isn't it?" Eleanor grinned at him.

"Crazy is a good word for it..but it's a good kind of crazy." Remus told her.

She played with the knitted coaster in her hand to distract herself.

"You're not going to cry tomorrow, are you?" she teased.

"I might." Remus admitted. "But not as hard as you did on my wedding day.."

"Well-"

"I'll be crying much harder."

Eleanor laughed. "Dad.."

"It's just hard to believe...when I met you, Eleanor...I didn't even know you were my daughter and now...my daughter is getting married." He placed his hands over his face.

Eleanor reached her hand over and rubbed his shoulder. "It's going to be okay, Dad."

"I know it's going to be okay, because I trust that Fred will take care of you-"

Eleanor made a face but Remus continued. "And you will take care of him. That's what marriage is all about, being there for one another through the good, the bad and the ugly. As you can see, Dora has been putting up with the ugly for quite some times."

"Dad, don't talk like that!" she swiped at him arm in a warning tone. "You're not ugly and you and Tonks are perfect for each other. Don't make me get Teddy and ask him."

Remus exposed his shirt to her. "Trust me, Teddy and I had quite the conversation this morning."

Eleanor walked into the tent only to get the strong smell of cinnamon, and while it lacked the smell of gunpowder it made her laugh. There were chairs already lined up for all the guests that were coming. Eleanor didn't plan on so many coming, but it seemed a great deal of people especially from Hogwarts were planning on coming to the wedding.