Chapter Forty Five

"Well, why don't we go see what the fuss is all about?" Fred suggested as he arose and went to go put his shoes on. But Eleanor grabbed him by the back of his shirt.

"I don't know if that's the best idea. Diagon Alley is already crazy enough as it is, and that's with nothing going on. If people are worried about something then perhaps it's best if we stay here until we find out what's happening."

"How are we supposed to find out what's happening if we don't go out and investigate?" Fred countered. "If you're nervous, you can stay here Love."

"Now you did that on purpose." she huffed at him releasing her hold on his shirt.

"I don't know what you're talking about." he grinned.

Eleanor sighed and faced Verity and Lee. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to see what's going on...are you two coming?"

"Of course." Verity nodded.

Venturing outside the shop, the group looked around to see several people moving quickly and some closing up their shops.

"What the bloody hell happened?" Fred said under his breath. "You would think a murder took place out here..."

The group froze as he uttered out the last sentence. Eleanor quickly took hold of his hand and held it tightly.

"I didn't mean that." he told her. "I'm sure it's nothing of the sort."

Eleanor bit her lower lip until she caught sight of one of the other shop owners that lived down the way. She was the witch that ran the hobby shop where Eleanor could pick up yarn and knitting materials if needed.

"Ms. Cooper," Eleanor called out to her. The older woman shuffled over to the group and arms folded across her chest. As she walked towards them, she continued to throw glances over her shoulder in one direction.

"What's going on, Ms.Cooper?" Eleanor asked her.

"You didn't see it?" Ms. Cooper said.

"See what?" Fred inquired.

"There was a message left..."

"A message?" Eleanor repeated. "Where?"

"On the side of the Rosa Lee tea shop." Ms. Cooper whispered to her.

The group exchanged glances with one another as all their thoughts raced back to Judith and George.

"What did the message say?" Fred said tightening his grip on Eleanor's hand.

"It said the Dark Lord will rise again." Ms. Cooper said, her face paling as the words left her mouth.

"WHAT?!"

"This can't be happening." Eleanor said as they returned back to the shop. "This...this just can't be. He died. We all saw it. We were all there..."

"Calm down, Ellie." Fred said. "We don't even know what's going on. This could all be a sick prank."

"A sick prank? Who would write something like that as a prank?" Verity said.

"There's some sick people in the world." Fred told the shop worker.

"But why would they target the Rosa Lee tea shop?" Lee questioned. "That's completely random."

Eleanor froze.

"Because the dead can still be heard..." Eleanor said to herself.

"What?" Fred walked over and stood before her.

Eleanor looked up at him. "Judith was able to speak with my mother, what makes you think she wouldn't be able to talk to him?"

Fred's eyes widened as he realized what she was getting at.

"We need to find her and George-" Before Fred could finish his sentence, George appeared in the middle of the shop.

"That was convenient." Eleanor said.

"Come on," George told them all," everyone is meeting at the Burrow."

Sitting beside Tonks while holding Teddy in her lap, Eleanor couldn't believe the situation the group was in. Across from her sat Harry, who looked like he would be sick at any given second even with Sirius and Nixie attempting to comfort him.

"How is any of this possible?" Remus asked the question that was on everyone's mind. All eyes were on Judith who shook her head, apparently in disbelief herself.

"I..I don't know...I've never witnessed something like this before. The possession.."

Eleanor shuddered at the thought holding onto her brother a little tighter. Teddy glanced up at her from the sudden pressure and lifted his arm up, placing his hand on the side of her face gently as if trying to offer some sort of comfort to his older sister.

The entire Wagner family was in question as to their abilities and affiliation with the Dark Lord. Their abilities to communicate with the dead that had crossed over had left them vulnerable. Now, there was talk that Judith's grandmother had been the one possessed by the Dark Lord himself to carry out his deeds.

What seemed to be a laughable situation to many, turned out to be one of the scariest situations as each Wagner was in danger of being possessed, from Judith's grandmother, to her father, her brother and then Judith. All of them were targets. The fact was, if it were true, if Voldemort was capable of possessing a body, he probably wouldn't stick with the grandmother's body so much.

The Wagner family was set to arrive at any moment to discuss the protocol they were going to have to take with the situation. Eleanor felt Fred's hands squeeze her shoulders from where he stood behind her.

Eleanor had another question on her mind, how were they going to defeat someone who was practically already dead?

There fire erupted in the fireplace as the family arrived by Floo Network. Judith's grandmother was the first to step out with an apologetic look upon her face for the trouble that she had brought upon her family and all.

Suddenly, Eleanor let out a small squeak as Fred's grip tightened on her shoulders.

"Fred-" She glanced up at him to see that his eyes were focused on the older woman. "What's wrong?"

He lowered himself to whisper in his ear.

"Remember that woman I told you about awhile back...the one who insisted on asking me about everything in the shop..." Fred said.

Eleanor nodded.

"That woman is in here right now. It's Judith's grandmother. She was the woman in the shop...she asked about everything but didn't buy anything."

"This just keeps getting better and better."