Chapter Four ➰

TOO MUCH TEQUILA

*

Tia's POV

When Hunter took a seat beside me, bottle and two shot glasses in hand I was going to tell him to piss off, but because he had alcohol I happily obliged and welcomed him to join me.

I really needed that drink.

I took the shot he handed me and downed it, and then coughed my left lung up. That shit burnt like crazy. He also took a shot yet he didn't wince at all.

"What is that?" I asked pulling a face and wiping my mouth, although the after taste of it was kind of refreshing and growing on me slightly.

"Tequila."

"Interesting choice." I gently nursed my burning throat.

"It was the only unopened bottle I could find, figured you wouldn't appreciate a spiked drink." He told me with a chuckle.

"Yeah good point." I laughed, happily taking another swig from the bottle in between us. How sad that this is the only part of the night I've enjoyed. Sat with a complete stranger, on a garden wall with a cheap bottle of tequila. Life seems brighter out here.

God his eyes are blue.

He has really nice hair too. Nice build a face sculpted like a god. He's really good to look at when you're feeling a little down that's for sure.

My god I'm drunk.

Another shot? Yes please.

4 shots later and we were still sat in silence, but it wasn't an awkward silence more peaceful than anything, who knew sitting with a handsome stranger in complete silence  just sharing a bottle wouldn't be awkward.

If he knew about the thoughts running through my head, it'd turn a little awkward though, that's for sure.

"I'm gonna take a wild guess at something." I lifted my head to meet his eyes as he was first to break the silence that had consumed us for so long.

"Go for it," I told him, whilst trying to keep myself upright without swaying, I was definitely feeling the alcohol now. I had bad visions of me falling backwards off this wall, cracking my head open and dying before I get the chance to show him how good of a kisser I am.

"So that dude was your boyfriend and he cheated on you with her, you both really dislike each other, Id actually say she's probably the person you hate the most in this world, she's your enemy? How did I do?"

Close but not that close. I laughed. "First part is correct, she wasn't always my arch nemesis though, actually the total opposite!" I told him honestly.

Why am I being so open with someone I don't even know? Drunk me is a fucking liability.

"Ouch, she was your friend?" He asked. I know it's hard to believe that I would ever consider that girl as one of my friends, but I did and it backfired on me majorly.

Never trust a Molly.

I nodded. I had no clue why I was openly talking about this situation with him, something about him felt comforting almost like I could trust him when speaking to him, not like it mattered anyway everyone else knew this story, might as well fill him in and who better to explain than the person who witnessed it first hand.